ID request..

Prashant awale

Oct 31, 2009, 2:11:09 AM10/31/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Came across this small prostrate herb at Vadodara (28-10-09). Flowers are whitish colour and resembles flowers of Justicia..
Leaves were hairy.

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant
Vadodara-OCT09 168c.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 165.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 167.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 169.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 22, 2009, 7:18:06 AM11/22/09
to indiantreepix, Prashant awale

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Vadodara-OCT09 168c.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 165.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 167.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 169.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 10, 2009, 8:17:53 AM12/10/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Prashant awale
Resurfacing again for ID

Posted by Prashant ji as species of Justicia

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Feb 1, 2010, 4:16:43 AM2/1/10
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Feb 1, 2010, 8:49:59 AM2/1/10
to efloraofindia
it is a Rostellularia species--Acanthaceae

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Feb 1, 2:16 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 2, 2010, 10:16:34 PM3/2/10
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Satish Pardeshi ji .........................................it is a Rostellularia species--Acanthaceae

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Vadodara-OCT09 168c.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 165.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 167.jpg
Vadodara-OCT09 169.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 2, 2010, 11:41:45 PM3/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick
I hope the plant is ...............

Rostellularia adscendens (R.Br.) R.M.Barker  [  because of the hirsute nature of the plant visible in the photograph]

Synonyms: Justicia procumbens L.

Leaves mostly oblong to ± ovate, 5–30 mm long, 2–8 mm wide, with large curved cystoliths perpendicular to midrib and often smaller curved cystoliths between.

Spikes 1–5 cm long, dense, sometimes interrupted at base; bracts ovate, 3–5.5 mm long, usually with hairs on apical half of margins and on green parts. Calyx 5–7 mm long, green. Corolla 4–10 mm long, with 2 longitudinal folds with darker striations.

Capsule mostly 5–7 mm long, glabrous or sometimes pubescent in upper half.

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2010, 1:42:59 AM3/18/10
to efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, tanay bose, Prashant awale, Tabish, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Earlier relevant feedback:

“”

“it is a Rostellularia species--Acanthaceae

Regards
Satish Pardeshi”

“I hope the plant is ...............
Rostellularia adscendens (R.Br.) R.M.Barker
  [  because of the hirsute nature of the plant visible in the photograph]
Synonyms: Justicia procumbens L.

Leaves mostly oblong to ± ovate, 5–30 mm long, 2–8 mm wide, with large curved cystoliths perpendicular to midrib and often smaller curved cystoliths between.
Spikes 1–5 cm long, dense, sometimes interrupted at base; bracts ovate, 3–5.5 mm long, usually with hairs on apical half of margins and on green parts. Calyx 5–7 mm long, green. Corolla 4–10 mm long, with 2 longitudinal folds with darker striations.

Capsule mostly 5–7 mm long, glabrous or sometimes pubescent in upper half. ” from Tanay ji.

Apr 1, 2010, 10:13:50 PM4/1/10
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, TANAY BOSE
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback:

Satish Pardeshi ji........................................“it is a Rostellularia species--Acanthaceae

Tanay ji....................................................“I hope the plant is ...............

Rostellularia adscendens (R.Br.) R.M.Barker
  [  because of the hirsute nature of the plant visible in the photograph]
Synonyms: Justicia procumbens L.

Leaves mostly oblong to ± ovate, 5–30 mm long, 2–8 mm wide, with large curved cystoliths perpendicular to midrib and often smaller curved cystoliths between.
Spikes 1–5 cm long, dense, sometimes interrupted at base; bracts ovate, 3–5.5 mm long, usually with hairs on apical half of margins and on green parts. Calyx 5–7 mm long, green. Corolla 4–10 mm long, with 2 longitudinal folds with darker striations.
Capsule mostly 5–7 mm long, glabrous or sometimes pubescent in upper half. ”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089