Santali names of Butea monosperma (Lam.) Kuntze

Dinesh Valke

Dec 10, 2021, 6:46:06 AM12/10/21
to efloraofindia, Prasanta Hembram
Dear Prasanta ji,
I found the name ᱢᱩᱨᱩᱫ murut for Butea monosperma (Lam.) Kuntze that you have listed in your post to eFI.
I found another name ᱵᱟᱦᱟ in listed in Wikipedia. Please help transcribe this word in English.
I found murup, which must be a variant of murut that you listed, in A Santali-English dictionary by A. Campbell, of the Santal mission, please help me with the name murup in Ol Chiki script.

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Dec 10, 2021, 12:34:28 PM12/10/21
to efloraofindia, Prasanta Hembram
Thank you very very much Prasanta ji for putting all the name variants in the Ol Chiki script.
It is understandable that every language has a few dialects, thus the names may have variants accordingly.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dec 10, 2021, 12:52:02 PM12/10/21
to efloraofindia, Prasanta Hembram
Prasanta ji,
Does ᱵᱟᱦᱟ transcribe to the English word "flower" ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Prasanta Hembram

Dec 12, 2021, 3:00:11 AM12/12/21
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Yes Sir, ᱵᱟᱦᱟ will be the translation of Flower.

Thanks & Regards

Dinesh Valke

Dec 12, 2021, 5:50:08 AM12/12/21
to Prasanta Hembram, efloraofindia