Request for ID – 090910SC1. Is this Peristylus plantagineus ?

shobha chavda

Sep 9, 2010, 9:48:22 AM9/9/10
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

Posting a photo for Id of flower.Sorry for the quality as it was very foggy atmosphere while clicking the photo

Can anyone help me in identifying this flower?  Is this  Peristylus plantagineus ?

Date / Time – 21st Aug. 2010 / 06.00 pm.

Location – Place /Altitude / GPS – Kavalesad Point,Amboli

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Wild

Plant Habit – Tree/Shrub / Climber /Herb – Herb

Height /Length –

Leaves Type / Shape / Size –

Inflorescence Type /Size –

Flowers Size /Colour /Calyx –

Fruits Type /Shape /Size / Seeds –

Other Information like Fragrance,Pollinator,Uses etc –

Regards,

Shobha

Copy of Amboli 102.jpg
Copy of Amboli 103.jpg

tanay bose

Sep 9, 2010, 10:09:27 AM9/9/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
I think you are correct, the plant is indeed

Peristylus goodyeroides (D. Don) Lindl.

Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 9, 2010, 10:15:15 AM9/9/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
I think both of the above are absolutely wrong indeed.
Can anyone think of a Chlorophytum with long inflorescence in
Maharastra? Those yellow things near the mouth of buds seems to me
like anthers. So this cant be an Orchid at all. Even leaves doesnt
point towards any of the Peristylus known to me. P. goodyeroides is
absolutely ruled out. P. plantagineus, the colour doesnt match at all.

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 9, 2010, 10:17:10 AM9/9/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
Dear Ritesh,
Can you check if this is some Polygonum?
Regards
Pankaj

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 9, 2010, 10:29:55 AM9/9/10
to efloraofindia
This would be Chlorophytum glaucum or C. glaucoides. More likely to be
the latter looking at the tip of raceme. Regards, Shrikant
>  Copy of Amboli 102.jpg
> 212KViewDownload
>
>  Copy of Amboli 103.jpg
> 247KViewDownload

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 9, 2010, 10:33:18 AM9/9/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Shrikant sir. Does your book has any picture of this?
Regards
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

Oct 14, 2010, 10:35:38 AM10/14/10
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, sweedle cerejo, satish pardeshi

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Can anyone think of a Chlorophytum with long inflorescence in

Maharastra? Those yellow things near the mouth of buds seems to me
like anthers. So this cant be an Orchid at all. Even leaves doesnt
point towards any of the Peristylus known to me.
P. goodyeroides is

absolutely ruled out. P. plantagineus, the colour doesnt match at all.”

“This would be Chlorophytum glaucum or C. glaucoides. More likely to be
the latter looking at the tip of raceme.
Regards, Shrikant”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Copy of Amboli 102.jpg
Copy of Amboli 103.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 30, 2010, 12:53:52 PM10/30/10
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Ritesh Choudhary, TANAY BOSE

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Can anyone think of a Chlorophytum with long inflorescence in

Maharastra? Those yellow things near the mouth of buds seems to me
like anthers. So this cant be an Orchid at all. Even leaves doesnt
point towards any of the Peristylus known to me.
 P. goodyeroides is
absolutely ruled out. P. plantagineus, the colour doesnt match at all.”..Pankaj

“This would be Chlorophytum glaucum or C. glaucoides. More likely to be
the latter looking at the tip of raceme.
Regards, Shrikant”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

“Can anyone think of a Chlorophytum with long inflorescence in

Maharastra? Those yellow things near the mouth of buds seems to me
like anthers. So this cant be an Orchid at all. Even leaves doesnt
point towards any of the Peristylus known to me.
 P. goodyeroides is
absolutely ruled out. P. plantagineus, the colour doesnt match at all.”..Pankaj

“This would be Chlorophytum glaucum or C. glaucoides. More likely to be
the latter looking at the tip of raceme.
Regards, Shrikant”

"Certainly it is Chlorophytum species need to check.
Sachin"

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Nov 17, 2010, 1:17:46 PM11/17/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
it is a species of Chlorophytum. It is not C.borivillianum, it is not
C. tuberosum, Not C.laxum, It may be C.arundinaceum. But the
distribution may not match for this species.
kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

Gurcharan Singh

May 6, 2021, 2:23:22 AM5/6/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

May 6, 2021, 2:24:12 AM5/6/21
to indiantreepix, Shobha Halwe-Chavda
Copy of Amboli 102.jpg
Copy of Amboli 103.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

May 6, 2021, 4:15:09 AM5/6/21
to efloraindia, Shobha Halwe-Chavda
Ornithogalum sp. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2021, 7:51:19 AM5/11/21
to efloraofindia, Shobha Halwe-Chavda, Saroj Kasaju
I do not think there is a wild species of Ornithogalum in India.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2021, 6:07:53 AM5/17/21
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2021, 8:26:49 AM5/17/21
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 17, 2021, 8:41:12 AM5/17/21
to J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, shobha chavda
I guess Peristylus plantagineus looks good !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 1, 2021, 5:18:57 AM11/1/21
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, Alka
This may also be Chlorophytum glaucoides as per Amboli, MH :: Chlorophytum for ID :: ARK2021-100