Which tree? Imphal Manipur

Dilip Pandit

Mar 22, 2010, 11:48:29 AM3/22/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This tree is in kangla Fort in Imphal, Manipur. I am told that its fruit is edible and sweet.

Dilip

Dilip Pandit

Mar 22, 2010, 9:13:22 PM3/22/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This tree is in Kangla Fort in Imphal, Manipur. I am told that its fruit is edible and sweet.

Dilip Pandit

Copy of DSC03540.JPG
Copy of DSC03539.JPG

tanay bose

Mar 22, 2010, 11:20:56 PM3/22/10
to Dilip Pandit, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
Is this one "Litchi tree"? Litsea chinensis
Regards
Tanay
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Dilip Pandit <sadamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
This tree is in Kangla Fort in Imphal, Manipur. I am told that its fruit is edible and sweet.

Dilip Pandit

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Dilip Pandit

Mar 23, 2010, 5:10:44 AM3/23/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
No it is not. The leaves of the Litchi tree are much smaller in size. And I know Litchi tree. Could it be Amura Rohituka. Locally it is known as Heirang goi.

Dilip Pandit

Aparna Watve

Mar 23, 2010, 7:16:53 AM3/23/10
to Dilip Pandit, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
The leaves look simple. Amoora/ Litchie or most members of their
family will not have simple leaves.
from the interpetioler stipules you can try searching Rubiaceae to
start with. Kanjilal's flora of Assam might help.

--
Dr. Aparna Watve
Dr. Aparna Watve

R. Vijayasankar

Mar 23, 2010, 12:36:35 PM3/23/10
to Aparna Watve, Dilip Pandit, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
My first guess would be Garcinia xanthochymus. The fruits are said to be "sweet & acid". Needs more info.
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

Pardeshi S.

Mar 24, 2010, 1:01:14 AM3/24/10
to efloraofindia
Yes it is some Garcinia species. the leaves are coriaceous and
opposite.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Mar 23, 9:36 pm, "R. Vijayasankar" <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> My first guess would be *Garcinia xanthochymus*. The fruits are said to be

> "sweet & acid". Needs more info.
>

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Aparna Watve <aparnawat...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > The leaves look simple. Amoora/ Litchie or most members of their
> > family will not have simple leaves.
> > from the interpetioler stipules you can try searching Rubiaceae to
> > start with. Kanjilal's flora of Assam might help.
>

> > On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Dilip Pandit <sadamuktso...@gmail.com>

> > wrote:
> > > No it is not. The leaves of the Litchi tree are much smaller in size. And
> > > know Litchi tree. Could it be Amura Rohituka. Locally it is known as
> > Heirang
> > > goi.
>
> > > Dilip Pandit

> > fruit

> > .

> > > --

> > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Aparna Watve
> > Dr. Aparna Watve
> > Asha Appt, Shanti Nagar, Ekata Colony
> > Nr. BSNL tower, Akbar Ward,
> > Seoni.480661
> > tel: 07692-228115
> > mobile: (0)9755667710 and 9822597288 still works

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 30, 2021, 8:33:07 AM7/30/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID