Identification of Iris like flower

Sunnymead Bed & Breakfast

Apr 15, 2021, 1:44:12 AMApr 15
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,

A friend of mine was gifted this plant and has no idea what it is. In the google image search it keeps saying that it is a variety of Algerian Iris. However, I know for certain it is not. Would anyone be able to identify this gorgeous little thing?
It is growing at the moment in Kausani.
Regards
Madhavi

I've been flower.jpeg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 15, 2021, 7:01:45 AMApr 15
to efloraindia

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 16, 2021, 8:30:00 AMApr 16
to efloraofindia
I don't think I. kemaoensis which would have more than 7 cm long Perianth tube.

Sunnymead Bed & Breakfast

Apr 17, 2021, 8:53:51 AMApr 17
to efloraofindia
I've checked hundreds of pages about Irises and most definitely not an Iris.. The little funnel like shape in the centre is what is baffling me. Google images keeps throwing up Algerian Iris. Does anyone here have a knowledge of South African flowers?

shiekh ibrahim

Apr 17, 2021, 12:36:55 PMApr 17
to indian...@googlegroups.com

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2021, 6:00:22 AMApr 22
to efloraofindia, Sunnymead Bed & Breakfast, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh, ishi...@yahoo.co.in
Thanks, Shiek ji.
Looks different.
It does not match as per comparative images at Iris‎
Maybe some hybrid.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg