Winter farewell, Crocuses from my garden in Ritterhude

Na Bha

Mar 27, 2011, 11:40:14 AM3/27/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Crocuses from my garden in Ritterhude. Fotos taken on 21. March 2011.

Crocus perennial  flowering plant, family Iridaceae. native to a large area from coastal and

subalpine areas of central and southern europe, north africa, middle East and Central Asia to China. (Wiki)

And the sun is shining. Enjoy
Nalini
100_0152.JPG
100_0141.JPG
100_0144.JPG
100_0145.JPG
100_0146.JPG
100_0150.JPG

Balkar Arya

Mar 27, 2011, 11:37:53 AM3/27/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gorgeous flowers!!!
Thanks for sharing

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

tanay bose

Mar 27, 2011, 12:04:50 PM3/27/11
to Balkar Arya, Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Very nice capture
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Na Bha

Mar 28, 2011, 7:09:03 AM3/28/11
to Balkar Arya, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Balkar ji and Tanay for you appreciation.
the colors are returning and it does good.
Regards
Nalini

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Mar 28, 2011, 7:44:58 AM3/28/11
to Na Bha, Balkar Arya, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Lovely flowers and lovely photographs.
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Satish Phadke

Mar 28, 2011, 10:17:59 AM3/28/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nalini ji
We are really enjoying. Colours are so beautiful that  they appear unnatural.

promila chaturvedi

Aug 20, 2011, 8:47:56 AM8/20/11
to Balkar Arya, Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nalini Ji,
I love crpcus, but cannot grow them in Delhi's climate.
Regards,
Promila

Na Bha

Aug 20, 2011, 4:58:55 PM8/20/11
to promila chaturvedi, Balkar Arya, indian...@googlegroups.com
That is life Promila ji,
I love mangos but can't grow them here.
I enjoy, what is available here.
It is good, that we can't do everything everywhere.
Regards
Nalini

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 20, 2011, 5:38:01 PM8/20/11
to efloraofindia
Lovely flowers. Do they smell of saffron in this condition?

Yes there are many things which we want but we dont get it. I searched
for Annona squamosa today in all the markets of Dehradun with one of
the members of this group Ninad Raut, but couldnt find any :((....

I remember during this season at home, I would just speak up at home,
"MUMMY, I WANT TO EAT SHAREEFA (mummy shareefa khana hai!!)" and my
dad would get 2-3 kgs of it by lunch!!!

Pankaj

On Aug 21, 1:58 am, Na Bha <nabha-megh...@gmx.de> wrote:
> That is life Promila ji,
> I love mangos but can't grow them here.
> I enjoy, what is available here.
> It is good, that we can't do everything everywhere.
> Regards
> Nalini
>
> Am 20.08.2011 14:47, schrieb promila chaturvedi:
>

> > Nalini Ji,
> > I love crpcus, but cannot grow them in Delhi's climate.
> > Regards,
> > Promila

Ushadi micromini

Aug 21, 2011, 12:40:35 AM8/21/11
to efloraofindia, J. M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, Neil Soares
Nalini: brilliant colors and photography// in camera or cropping//
looks good....

Promila: I know... you need a snow cover of about 4 month's for crocus
to do well in naturalized state..
or 6 weeks of refrigeration for the horticulture grade bulbs shipped
from Holland for forcing and growing... you could try that...
nurseries sell them in October...try Sunder nursery in Delhi... or
Sutton seeds on the net...
Go figure...

Pankaj: that's DAD for you... In Bengal we call it SITAPHAL... its
out in the market,
this week it seems they pretty good ripe ones...they dont last long
though ...

I wonder if one can ship them to you safely so that a few at least
would arrive so you can enjoy the taste?
If I can find a good way to do it, I can send you some...from
Kolkata..

ANYONE at eflora : please tell me if fruits can be shipped fast and
easy?

Usha di
==

Na Bha

Aug 21, 2011, 8:41:24 AM8/21/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks. No these flowers don't smell of saffran, they don't have any smell. Saffran is the crocus, which flowers in Autumn.
I don't have Saffran. But I have Herbstzeitlose (Colchicum autumnale) which is called autumn crocus. Fotos sending in a separate mail.

BTW. what is SHAREEFA?
I searched on net and found a singer withe name Shareefa. Strange!!
Regards
Nalini

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 21, 2011, 8:42:06 AM8/21/11
to Na Bha, efloraofindia
Shareefa is also called Sitaphal. Botanicaly its Annona squamosa.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

promila chaturvedi

Aug 22, 2011, 7:29:50 AM8/22/11
to Na Bha, Balkar Arya, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nalini Ji,
 I fully agree with you. I also enjoy whatever is arround or I can grow at my place or at some other places here in Delhi.
Regards,
Promila

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 8, 2021, 1:48:26 AM10/8/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
I hope Crocus vernus (Purple) and its Yellow and White cultivars.
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh