VOF, August 2018: Cirsium wallichi for validation :: ARK2022-195

Alka Khare

Nov 3, 2022, 11:41:49 PM11/3/22
to eFloraofIndia
Hello friends

Had these pics from the VOF trek 5 years ago (August 2018) - one from Auli and one from Mana, Uttarakhand
In light of the feedback provided by Sir ji on a recent post, could these 2 specimens be Cirsium wallichi as well?

Requested to please validate.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Cirsium falconeri_VOF Auli.JPG
Cirsium falconeri_VOF Mana.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 4, 2022, 1:37:45 AM11/4/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
yes, Alka ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Alka Khare

Nov 4, 2022, 2:33:56 AM11/4/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thanks Garg ji.
Clear now.

Regards
Alka Khare

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 14, 2022, 2:42:12 PM11/14/22
to eFloraofIndia
A variation of c. falconeri only.

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2022, 7:44:13 PM11/14/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Alka
I think you meant to say variation of Cirsium wallichi
only.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 15, 2022, 11:27:23 AM11/15/22
to eFloraofIndia
No Garg ji, note sharply pointed upper bracts, narrowed and not broadened at tip.

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2022, 7:56:35 PM11/15/22
to efloraofindia, Alka, GurcharanSingh
To me looks different from other observations of C. falconeri
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/15/cirsium-falconeri/

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg