Re: Derris species

digpati roy

Aug 10, 2019, 12:25:36 PM8/10/19
to Efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Rajnagar,Kumarghat,Tripura
Kindly identify
Thank you
Digpati Roy

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2019, 12:06:43 AM8/13/19
to digpati roy, efloraofindia
Pl. check comparative images at https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/f/fabaceae/derris

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 13, 2019, 4:11:45 AM8/13/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy
fruits remind me of pongamia
Usha di

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 13, 2019, 4:42:46 AM8/13/19
to digpati roy, efloraofindia
Ok, thanks.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:58 PM digpati roy <dp...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
It is climber,it is not tree
It is not Pongamia,it is probably Derris
Thank you
Digpati Roy

usha di
.

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2019, 3:00:58 AM8/22/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy
Hi, Digpati ji,
Do you know the species in your area?
Sawmliana ji has reported three species from his area, which is close to your i.e. Derris lushaiensis, D.monticola and D.robusta are recorded in Mizoram.
Of the three species stated by him, I did not get any image or herbarium specimen on net for Derris lushaiensis
Derris robusta looks different as per images and details at

Forest Plants of Eastern India By Amal Bhusan Chaudhuri (1993) mentions five species with keys. But to me keys appears to be confusing and not matching with GBIF specimens.
Pl. check
Derris microptera Benth. at GBIF
Derris ferruginea Bentham in Miquel as per FOC illustration & GBIF
Derris marginata (Roxburgh) Bentham in Miquel as per FOC illustration
Derris cuneifolia at GBIF
Aganope polystachya (Benth.) Thoth. & D.N.Das as per GBIF

I think flowers would have helped.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2019, 5:00:34 AM8/22/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy
Thanks a lot, Digpati ji the detailed inf.

J.M. Garg

Aug 29, 2019, 12:08:23 AM8/29/19
to efloraofindia
Dec 29, 2019, 11:11:14 PM12/29/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy
Thanks, Digpati ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg
Jan 7, 2020, 5:57:46 AM1/7/20
to efloraofindia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Pl. check comparative images at https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/f/fabaceae/derris - from me

[...]

I think flowers would have helped. - from me

On Thursday, 22 August, 2019, 02:35:35 pm IST, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Derris 1.jpg
Derris 2.jpg
Derris 3.jpg
Derris 4.jpg