For id- 140821- PK2

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2021, 6:59:33 AM8/22/21
to efloraofindia, dsenv...@gmail.com, M Swamy
From Priya ji:
Location: Sanasar Meadow
2100m amsl
Date-14-08-2021
Habitat-wild

Earlier Feedback:
Pl. check comparative images at Cirsium- from me

Suggestion:Check for Cirsium quercetorum ???- from Mahadeshwara ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 29, 2021, 2:06:26 AM8/29/21
to efloraofindia, dsenv...@gmail.com, M Swamy
Likely to be Cirsium argyracanthum DC., as per images and details herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 14, 2021, 7:18:51 AM12/14/21
to efloraofindia, dsenv...@gmail.com, M Swamy
I think Cirsium verutum (D.Don) Spreng. as per images and keys herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 16, 2021, 2:16:15 AM12/16/21
to efloraofindia
C. falconeri without any doubt. See very fine long involucre bracts.

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2021, 5:59:07 AM12/21/21
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, dsenv...@gmail.com, M Swamy
Looks much different in all respects as per images at Cirsium falconeri

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 31, 2021, 7:31:23 AM12/31/21
to efloraofindia
Very surely C. falconeri

J.M. Garg

Dec 31, 2021, 10:17:43 AM12/31/21
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
I feel different from your postings of C. falconeri

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 31, 2021, 11:51:27 AM12/31/21
to efloraofindia
I don't think any other species such slender and long spines.

J.M. Garg

Dec 31, 2021, 12:04:24 PM12/31/21
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
As per keys from BSI Flora of India at Cirsium falconeri from Kashmir-GS31122021-1:
6a. Heads densely woolly, subsolitary, drooping3. Cirsium falconeri
b. Heads not densley woolly, usually glabrate, solitary or fascicled, inclined6. Cirsium verutum

Heads here are not drooping (as in C.falconeri) but inclined.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2022, 12:13:20 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia, dsenv...@gmail.com, M Swamy, GurcharanSingh
Jan 6, 2022, 1:05:17 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia
Another C. falconeri I think

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2022, 1:38:29 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, DineshValke

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2022, 2:49:05 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, DineshValke
Pl. also see GBIF specimen- one and two, matching with it.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg