[efloraofindia:35573] please help to identify euphorbiaceae species of Kachchh gujarat

Rohit Patel

May 22, 2010, 4:17:56 AM5/22/10
to indiantreepix, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Euphorbiaceae species of Kachchh district of gujarat state

plz help me .

regrads

Rohit
From: Rohit Patel <rmpec...@gmail.com>
Date: May 22, 2010 1:43 PM
Subject: please help to identify {fruit with wing}
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

Request to all plz help me to identify

thnkas in advance

--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator

--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator

--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator

Kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species 2.jpg
kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 3, 2010, 1:03:41 AM6/3/10
to efloraofindia, Rohit Patel, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi, Dinesh Valke, rashida atthar

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species 2.jpg
kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jun 3, 2010, 1:32:05 AM6/3/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rohit Patel, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi, rashida atthar
... most probably, Chamaesyce hypericifolia (syn. Chamaesyce glomerifera, Euphorbia glomerifera, Euphorbia hypericifolia)

Commonly known as: graceful sandmat, large spotted spurge, milk purslane
... native of tropical Americas, naturalized elsewhere

Please wait for validation.

Regards.

tanay bose

Jun 3, 2010, 8:30:35 AM6/3/10
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rohit Patel, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi, rashida atthar
I think you have got the name!! As far as the photos of the net it looks like Chamaesyce hypericifolia to me !! me too waiting for  validation
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

J.M. Garg

Jun 17, 2010, 4:41:59 AM6/17/10
to efloraofindia, Rohit Patel, Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“... most probably, Chamaesyce hypericifolia (syn. Chamaesyce glomerifera, Euphorbia glomerifera, Euphorbia hypericifolia)

Commonly known as: graceful sandmat, large spotted spurge, milk purslane
... native of tropical Americas, naturalized elsewhere

Please wait for validation.” from Dinesh ji.

“I think you have got the name!! As far as the photos of the net it looks like Chamaesyce hypericifolia to me !! me too waiting for  validation
Tanay”

Kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species 2.jpg
kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 9, 2021, 8:43:04 AM9/9/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 9, 2021, 8:44:20 AM9/9/21
to indiantreepix, Rohit Patel
Kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species 2.jpg
kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species.jpg

JM Garg

Sep 12, 2021, 6:14:00 AM9/12/21
to efloraofindia
Sep 12, 2021, 6:16:02 AM9/12/21
to efloraofindia, Rohit Patel
I think this may be Euphorbia heyneana as per the following keys from Flora of India:
30 a. Plants prostrate, only branches or tips of branches decumbent; cyathia solitary, paired or 3 together … 31
b. Plants erect, decumbent or ascending; cyathia more than 3 in glomerules … 33
31 a. Stems and branches pinkish grey; mature capsules remaining within the involucre … 32. E. thymifolia
b. Stems, branches and leaves green, glaucous-green, purplish green or blackish green; mature capsules protruding out from the involucre 32
32 a. Stems, branches and leaves blackish or purplish green; capsules acutely keeled, with ciliate hairs confined to keels only … 26. E. prostrata
b. Stems, branches and leaves green to glaucous-green; capsules obtusely keeled, glabrous or sparsely hairy all over the surface … 13. E. heyneana
33 a. Plants glabrous; leaves linear-lanceolate, 3 – 6 mm wide, glabrous to sparsely pilose … 17. E. hyssopifolia

Pl. confirm or otherwise.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/1585bee1-96b5-44ef-9182-de3082d58d5cn%40googlegroups.com.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
Kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species 2.jpg
kachchh_Gujarat_Euphorbiaceae species.jpg

Nambiyath Balakrishnan

Sep 12, 2021, 7:17:06 AM9/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rohit Patel
Euphorbia heyneana Spreng.
Balakrishnan
12/9/21

J.M. Garg

Sep 12, 2021, 7:28:39 AM9/12/21
to Nambiyath Balakrishnan, efloraofindia, Rohit Patel
Thanks a lot, Balakrishnan ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg