ID Request - 200521AS01 - Typha Angustifolia ?

Arjun Kindra

May 20, 2021, 10:51:52 AM5/20/21
to efloraindia

Hi,

Can you please help me ID this plant?

Date/Time- 20th May 2021

Location- Reni Pani Village, Near Satpura National Park,

Habitat- Wild

Plant Habit- The plant was growing along a water spillway.

Height/Length- 4 ft

Thanks,

Arjun

?Typha Angustifolia- LR.jpeg
?Typha Angustifolia - 2.jpeg

Mahadeswara

May 21, 2021, 12:13:12 AM5/21/21
to efloraofindia
ID looks good.  But post the habit picture for proper ID.

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2021, 11:22:13 AM5/28/21
to efloraofindia, arjun....@gmail.com, M Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

ID looks good. But post the habit picture for proper ID.- from Mahadeswara ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg
?Typha Angustifolia- LR.jpeg
?Typha Angustifolia - 2.jpeg

Arjun Kindra

May 29, 2021, 8:14:30 AM5/29/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Unfortunately I can't get a picture of the habit for this.  The plant was growing in clayey brown soil, with a lot of moisture in in it. It was growing in partial shade.

Don't know if this helps? I can try and get a better picture for this, the next time I am in that area?

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 12, 2021, 6:53:32 AM11/12/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 12, 2021, 6:58:13 AM11/12/21
to indiantreepix, arjun....@gmail.com
Nov 12, 2021, 7:49:11 AM11/12/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Arjun Kindra
Typha elephantina Roxb. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju