Identity of a plant from Goa

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 20, 2011, 7:13:20 AM6/20/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Please do the needful
T. Chakrabarty
DSC_0167.JPG

H S

Jun 21, 2011, 4:01:39 AM6/21/11
to Tapas Chakrabarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
I guess some Euphorbiaceae member

On 6/20/11, Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please do the needful
> T. Chakrabarty

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

Vijayasankar

Jun 21, 2011, 12:29:25 PM6/21/11
to H S, Tapas Chakrabarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
This may be Flueggia virosa (female plant). Flowers in the picture not very clear, though.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

prasanna gogate

Jun 22, 2011, 3:13:32 PM6/22/11
to Vijayasankar, H S, Tapas Chakrabarty, indian...@googlegroups.com

Securinega leucopyrus (WILD GUESS)

--
regards,
PRASANNA PADMAKAR GOGATE

C/O SUHAS GOVILKAR
AT-GIMHAVANE
PO/TAL-DAPOLI
DIS-RATNAGIRI
STATE-MAHARASHTRA
PIN-415712
PHONE-09420308062
               09637550202

J.M. Garg

Sep 19, 2011, 1:28:30 AM9/19/11
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, H S, Vijayasankar Raman, prasanna gogate, divaka...@gmail.com, nvict...@rediffmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I guess some Euphorbiaceae member--
 - H.S.”

“This may be Flueggia virosa (female plant). Flowers in the picture not very clear, though.
Regards
Vijayasankar Raman”

Securinega leucopyrus (WILD GUESS) regards,
PRASANNA PADMAKAR GOGATE
Jr.Msc(forestry)
Dr.BSKKV,DAPOLI”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

DSC_0167.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 19, 2011, 2:24:00 AM9/19/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, H S, Vijayasankar Raman, prasanna gogate, divaka...@gmail.com, nvict...@rediffmail.com
I too think that this belongs to Euphorbiaceae family and might be very close to species of Fluggia, as Vijay suggested.  A clear picture of flowers would be helpful for confirming species.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD