ID04032011PHK 3

Pravin Kawale

Mar 4, 2011, 9:00:52 AM3/4/11

Mar 4, 2011, 10:12:40 AM3/4/11
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Dear Pravin ji,
I think Scoparia dulcis .
regards
Prashant

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 4, 2011, 11:56:18 AM3/4/11
to efloraofindia
Yes, I agree with Prashant's ID. Regards, Shrikant

On Mar 4, 8:12 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Pravin ji,
> I think *Scoparia dulcis* .
> regards
> Prashant
>
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Pravin Kawale <kawale.pra...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > ID Please
> > A herb, growing as weed in paddyfeilds
> > with quadrangular stem.
> > At Alibag,Maharashtra
> > Thanks in advance
>
> > DSC03319.JPG
> > DSC03315.JPG
> > DSC03316.JPG
> > DSC03317.JPG
> > DSC03320.JPG
>
> > These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
> > Try it out here:http://picasa.google.com/- Hide quoted text -

snehal patel

Mar 4, 2011, 10:20:31 PM3/4/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
i would like to add one nomenclatureal aspect regarding Scoparia dulcis L.

This plant was previously included in family Scrophulariaceae but now it is removed from Scrophulariaceae and is incorporated in to family Plantaginaceae.
If anybody wants any reference, please contact me.

Regards,
Snehal Patel

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Mar 4, 2011, 11:05:33 PM3/4/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Snehal. That was informative. I wasnt aware so I
rechecked.
Other genera included in the family Plantaginaceae are Veronica, Hebe,
Parahebe, Synthyris, Penstemon, Plantago, Linaria, Bacopa, Stemodia,
Russelia and of course Scoparia etc.
Thanks again.
Pankaj

Pravin Kawale

Mar 5, 2011, 1:28:26 AM3/5/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Hi,
Thanks for id and information
Regards
--
Pravin

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 5, 2011, 3:27:07 AM3/5/11
to Pravin Kawale, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes Most genera of Scrophulariaceae (originally with more than 275 genera)  have been placed under Plantaginaceae (nearly 90 genera) with lesser (42, Thorne, 2007; 65 APG III with merger of Budlejaceae and Selaginaceae) remaining in Scrophulariaceae.

The two families are distinct in that Scrophulariaceae members have, anthers opening by single slit;  Plantaginaceae members have anthers opening by two slits. There are a few other combination of characters. Plantaginaceae was earlier also named as Antirrhinaceae.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

manudev madhavan

Mar 5, 2011, 4:47:18 AM3/5/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks for the information...
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

Bhatt Sweta

Mar 5, 2011, 8:45:51 AM3/5/11
to manudev madhavan, Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dint know about the re-classification. What are the reasons cited for doing so? Can any one throw light on it!
--
Bhatt Shweta
Asso. Prof.,

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 5, 2011, 8:53:06 AM3/5/11
to Bhatt Sweta, manudev madhavan, Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Dear Shweta mam
Please check following link for more details.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantaginaceae
Plantaginaceae was always a known family conserved over Veronicaceae
but the recent classification placed it among Lamiales. Earlier it was
under Plantaginales.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Bhatt Sweta

Mar 5, 2011, 8:58:44 AM3/5/11
to Pankaj Kumar, manudev madhavan, Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Thank you!

snehal patel

Mar 5, 2011, 10:19:51 AM3/5/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Pankaj Kumar, manudev madhavan, Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Dear Shweta Madam,

please check the link www.theplantlist.org .  It provides you all the latest information regarding all the plants.  You can browse by entering generic name or specific epithet and can find out all the details about the nomenclatural aspects.  It also provides all the existing synonyms also.

Regards,
Snehal Patel

JM Garg

Jun 18, 2019, 12:32:18 AM6/18/19
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale
Could be Scoparia dulcis var. abrahamii as per another thread ?
DSC03319.JPG
DSC03315.JPG
DSC03316.JPG
DSC03317.JPG
DSC03320.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Jun 18, 2019, 12:48:58 AM6/18/19
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale
I agree, Garg ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 18, 2019, 2:49:14 AM6/18/19
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale
Thanks, Dinesh ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 24, 2021, 12:00:46 PM2/24/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID