SK 3183 29 November 2021

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 29, 2021, 4:49:00 AM11/29/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Dear Members,

Location:Mugu, Rara, West Nepal
Altitude: 2913m.
Date: 20 August 2021
Habit : Wild
Persicaria ... ???

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0379.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 29, 2021, 4:49:26 AM11/29/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0380.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 29, 2021, 4:49:39 AM11/29/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
DSC_0381.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 29, 2021, 4:49:47 AM11/29/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0382.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 29, 2021, 4:49:58 AM11/29/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
DSC_0383.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 29, 2021, 4:50:09 AM11/29/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
DSC_0384.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 29, 2021, 4:50:26 AM11/29/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
DSC_0385.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 3, 2021, 6:16:50 AM12/3/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Any guess, Saroj ji?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 5, 2021, 7:31:25 AM12/5/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
I tried all sp. from efn but unable to find a match.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0384.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 5, 2021, 7:32:01 AM12/5/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
And the stem underwater looks hollow !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2021, 11:17:34 AM12/16/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks for the detailed images.
Maybe Ritesh ji can give some hints.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 20, 2021, 3:26:36 AM12/20/21
to J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Dear Ritesh Ji,
Requesting for your opinion on : https://groups.google.com/g/indiantreepix/c/XF27mfnW-hw/m/7U3I9wtkCgAJ
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 25, 2021, 10:53:14 AM12/25/21
to efloraofindia
Persicaria lapathifolia I hope

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 25, 2021, 11:35:00 AM12/25/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg

Thank you Gurucharan sir.

I guess Persicaria lapathifolia (L.) Gray is correct ID !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2021, 3:16:53 AM12/30/21
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks for the id suggestion as Persicaria lapathifolia
Hope it gets validated or otherwise by Ritesh ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 30, 2021, 3:24:04 AM12/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
I hope too Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Dec 30, 2021, 4:55:38 AM12/30/21
to efloraofindia
Looks very close to P. lapathifolia. However, P. lapathifolia will usually have large dark black/purple blotch on the adaxial part of the leaves. Therefore, I am skeptical.
Floral details and achenes should also be observed before confirming the species ID.
Best regards,
Ritesh

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Dec 30, 2021, 4:56:49 AM12/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 30, 2021, 5:16:53 AM12/30/21
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh

Thank you Ritesh ji,
Is that a mandatory characteristic?
From FoP: Stem simple or branched, often thickened at the nodes, usually with red dots, internodes usually shorter than the leaves
And the stem part underwater looks hollow.
Can we make out from these points?\

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0380.JPG
DSC_0384.JPG

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Dec 30, 2021, 5:46:30 AM12/30/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Dear Saroj Ji,
Most Polygonum species will have knotty stems, therefore, they are also called knotweeds. Other characters mentioned by you are common to many of its species. Therefore, it is difficult for me to confirm the species ID.
Regards,
Ritesh

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 30, 2021, 5:48:01 AM12/30/21
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
OK Ritesh Ji.
The location being a national Park I could not collect the specimen !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju