Urtica parviflora from Manali

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 11:10:59 AM9/26/11
to efloraofindia
Urtica parviflora from Manali with stinging hairs and conjnate stipules

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Urtica-parviflora-Manali-1.jpg
Urtica-parviflora-Manali-2.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 12:07:13 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
How this is different from Urtica dioca
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 12:09:45 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sorry Sir This reply goes without any proper salutation

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 12:26:01 PM9/26/11
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
In Urtica dioca the stipules are free

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 12:41:53 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks for the information Sir

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 12:50:50 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sir, then mines are also Urtica parviflora. Sharing ..from Shimla
pls validate
Urtica sp Shimla (1).jpg
Urtica sp Shimla (2).jpg
Urtica sp Shimla (3).jpg
Urtica sp Shimla (4).jpg
Urtica sp Shimla (5).jpg
Urtica sp Shimla (6).jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 12:52:41 PM9/26/11
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Yes surely Urtica parviflora

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 12:53:16 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks Sir for validation

J.M. Garg

Mar 1, 2014, 3:33:27 AM3/1/14
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh
U. ardens as per another thread.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2265 members & 1,82,700 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80,000 images).

Urtica-parviflora-Manali-1.jpg
Urtica-parviflora-Manali-2.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 3, 2023, 5:37:38 AM8/3/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes Garg ji

JM Garg

Aug 25, 2023, 6:05:00 AM8/25/23
to GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya, Tabish, efloraofindia
Taking it as Urtica himalayensis Kunth & Bouché (syn: Urtica mairei var. oblongifolia C.J.Chen; Urtica zayuensis C.J.Chen) as per discussions at A relook at our specimens of Urtica parviflora.
Thanks, Tabish ji, for pointing out.

Aug 26, 2023, 10:29:24 PM8/26/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes Garg ji