19022012 BS-2 Acacia sp for id from Maihar forest area MP

Balkar Singh

Feb 19, 2012, 9:41:58 AM2/19/12
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Acacia sp for id from Maihar forest area MP. Growing wildly shot on 26-1-12
flowers not there, fruits 8-10 cm
pls id
Thanks
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Acacia (1).JPG
Acacia (2).JPG
Acacia (3).JPG
Acacia (4).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 1, 2012, 7:41:05 AM4/1/12
to Balkar Singh, indiantreepix
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mahadeswara

Apr 1, 2012, 8:57:36 AM4/1/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The bark of the tree resembles A.polyacantha.  There are 4 sub species, I think.

jmgarg1

Apr 10, 2012, 5:58:05 AM4/10/12
to Balkar Singh, indiantreepix

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“The bark of the tree resembles A.polyacantha. There are 4 sub species, I think. ” from Mahadeswara ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

jmgarg1

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 11, 2021, 8:32:31 AM9/11/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Acacia species
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 11, 2021, 8:33:36 AM9/11/21
to indiantreepix, Balkar Singh
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Acacia species
Group discussion at
Acacia (1).JPG
Acacia (2).JPG
Acacia (3).JPG
Acacia (4).JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 15, 2021, 6:23:46 AM9/15/21
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, M Swamy
Yes, it may be Senegalia polyacantha (Willd.) Seigler & Ebinger as per images and details herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara

Sep 15, 2021, 7:59:37 AM9/15/21
to efloraofindia
I am happy that my suggestion worked.   But there are 4 sub species in this species.  Need to pinpoint the particular subs-species.