[efloraofindia:33369] Grewia tiliifolia / tiliaefolia, the common Indian linden

Dinesh Valke

Apr 27, 2010, 12:27:23 AM4/27/10
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,

Here are photos attached of what I believe as G. tiliifolia (also spelt tiliaefolia).

Regards.

leafy_auricled_stipule.jpg
comparatively_larger_inflorescence.jpg
long_slender_branch_with_arrayed_leaves.jpg
tell-tale_knotted_trunk.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Apr 27, 2010, 12:31:39 AM4/27/10
to efloraofindia
commonly known as: common Indian linden • Bengali: dhamin • Hindi: धामनी dhamani • Kannada: ನಿಮ್ಬೆಗಿಡ nimbegida, ತಡಸಾಲಿ ಹಣ್ಣು tadasaali hannu • Malayalam: ധനുവൃക്ഷം dhanuvrksam • Marathi: धामण dhaman • Sanskrit: धनु व्रिक्ष dhanu vriksha • Tamil: ஊணா una • Telugu: ధనుర్వృక్షము dhanurvrksamu, తడ tada

Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 27, 2010, 12:47:54 AM4/27/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji
Do these four photographs belong to the same tree?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Apr 27, 2010, 12:56:33 AM4/27/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
No Gurcharan ji... forgot to mention the fact: different places.
Regards.

tanay bose

Apr 27, 2010, 1:10:48 AM4/27/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Dinesh ji,
Same question From me too as Gurcharan ji,
Regards
Tanay

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 27, 2010, 1:28:12 AM4/27/10
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji
I had my doubts. These photographs may not belong to the same species. I doubt the first one to be G. tiliiaefolia. It could be G. asiatica.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dinesh Valke

Apr 27, 2010, 1:42:08 AM4/27/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji, though confident that it must be G. tiliaefolia ... will stand corrected if not.
Hoping some clarifying comments to come by.
Regards.

Neil Soares

Apr 27, 2010, 3:15:57 AM4/27/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Hi Dinesh,
  All the photographs are of Grewia tiliaefolia [Dhaman]. If required could also post some of my photographs.
                 Regards,
                   Neil.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 27, 2010, 4:11:05 AM4/27/10
to Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Thanks Neil ji for clarification
No Wonder why Brandis (Indian trees) did not want to give them independent status. All characters seem to be showing variation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dinesh Valke

Apr 27, 2010, 4:11:31 AM4/27/10
to Neil Soares, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Sure Neil ji ... please do post ... especially those which have character(s) differentiating it from G. asiatica.
Regards.

JM Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 20, 2017, 4:36:37 AM12/20/17
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
I think there is a mix up of images from four places/ times as per another thread.
I think 1st & 3rd may be of Grewia asiatica L. and others may be of Grewia tiliifolia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

leafy_auricled_stipule.jpg
comparatively_larger_inflorescence.jpg
long_slender_branch_with_arrayed_leaves.jpg
tell-tale_knotted_trunk.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 6, 2021, 11:58:52 AM4/6/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Grewia asiatica ?
Group discussion at

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 3:06:37 PM UTC+5:30 JM Garg wrote:
I think there is a mix up of images from four places/ times as per another thread.
I think 1st & 3rd may be of Grewia asiatica L. and others may be of Grewia tiliifolia

Gurcharan Singh

Dinesh Valke

Apr 18, 2021, 12:23:51 AM4/18/21
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Many thanks Gurcharan ji for resurfacing this query.
Yes Garg ji, there are two sets as seen in the earlier post.
The first two photos with plants in flowering are from Burondi, Apr 12, 2009 ... these I think are G. tiliifolia, however you have thought them as G. asiatica in one of the responses of this post.
The last two photos are from Karnala, Dec 29, 2009 ... these must be G. tiliifolia.

Regards.
Dinesh