ID for HP flora

Nudrat Sayed

Sep 4, 2009, 4:39:52 AM9/4/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hello All

Firstly i am really thankful to all those members who have helped me in identifying the plants that i have posted so far.

The particular Commelinaceae plant was seen growing at an altitude between 1800-200 mtrs. I chd with the Flowers of The Himalayas but couldnt find it any where

Please help with the identification.
--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

Tabish

Sep 4, 2009, 4:49:50 AM9/4/09
to indiantreepix
I would have thought this is Tradescantia spathacea, Moses in the
cradle, Wandering Jew,
but the leaves look a bit different. Can't be sure.
- Tabish
>  56.jpg
> 79KViewDownload
>
>  57.jpg
> 127KViewDownload
>
>  58.jpg
> 86KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Sep 4, 2009, 4:45:32 AM9/4/09
to Nudrat Sayed, indian...@googlegroups.com, rashida atthar
... reminds me of Cyanotis OR Tonningia ... however, may have no relation to this species.
Regards.

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 4, 2009, 5:34:24 AM9/4/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nudrat Sayed
I think Gurucharangi has specifically mentioned one sps of Commelina with white flowers.
i may be wrong but------
Madhuri

--- On Fri, 4/9/09, Nudrat Sayed <nudra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 4, 2009, 10:53:50 AM9/4/09
to Nudrat Sayed, indian...@googlegroups.com

Tabish ji, Tradescantia spathacea Sw. (Syn: Rhoeo discolor (L'Her.) Hance; Rhoeo spathacea (Sw.) Stearn; Tradescantia discolor) is a much different plant with long reddish leaves and axillary flowers clusters.

Dinesh ji and Madhuri ji, notice long filamentous hairs in flowers. They are characteristic of Cyanotis. I could find only two species with white flowers C. vivipara (it is, however, epiphytic) and C. speciosa.

Nudrat ji, kindly let us know the place and the habitat.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45
Sep 4, 2009, 11:10:32 AM9/4/09
to Nudrat Sayed, indian...@googlegroups.com, Gurcharan Singh
yes sir what you say is correct
madhuri

Pardeshi S.

Sep 8, 2009, 4:50:47 AM9/8/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all
i have not came across this plant, but i can say it is some
Tradescantia species.
chances of it being Cyanotis species is less, as series of bracts can
not be observed in the present specimen. also note the flowers are
stalked which probably increases in length in fruiting.
the whole inflorescnece is giving an appearance of it being a
Tradescantia species.

regards
Satish Pardeshi
>       Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click herehttp://cricket.yahoo.com- Hide quoted text -

devendra

Sep 14, 2009, 1:14:37 PM9/14/09
to indiantreepix, Nudrat Sayed, Pardeshi S., Madhuri Pejaver, Gurcharan Singh

regards
Satish Pardeshi

>       Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click herehttp://cricket.yahoo.com-Hide quoted text -

J.M. Garg

Sep 14, 2009, 1:56:25 PM9/14/09
to indiantreepix, Nudrat, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh-sify, satish pardeshi, Madhuri Pejaver

Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.
Earlier relevant feedback:

"I would have thought this is Tradescantia spathacea, Moses in the
cradle, Wandering Jew,
but the leaves look a bit different. Can't be sure.
 - Tabish"

"... reminds me of Cyanotis OR Tonningia ... however, may have no relation to this species." from Dinesh ji

[...]

Oct 8, 2009, 4:39:30 AM10/8/09
to indiantreepix, Nudrat, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh-sify, satish phadke, Madhuri Pejaver, navendu page, vijayasankar
56.jpg
57.jpg
58.jpg

JM Garg

Jan 9, 2021, 2:02:14 AM1/9/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, nudra...@gmail.com
Tradescantia fluminensis Vell.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju
56.jpg
57.jpg
58.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2021, 8:35:47 AM8/6/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Tradescantia species ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2021, 8:36:45 AM8/6/21
to indiantreepix, Nudrat
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Tradescantia species ?
Group discussion at

Aug 6, 2021, 10:19:53 AM8/6/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Nudrat