To share 180910 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Sep 18, 2010, 1:31:20 AM9/18/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
This flower pictures I took, in Chiplun, Maharastra
Date/Time- ------ 28.8.10-----9.04 a.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS------ Chiplun, Maharastra
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type------------Wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-----
Height/Length- ---- around 1.0 me
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- ----
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds—
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 18, 2010, 1:57:29 AM9/18/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Perhaps Solanum viarum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Parjanya guru

Sep 18, 2010, 3:58:57 AM9/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
 I agree with Gurucharan jee for the name- Solanum viarum .
  But the opposite rhomboid leaves are dragging me towrds an opinion that the plant may also be an albino of   S. angui  ..
....????
... Lets see..!

  Parjanya Guru
 +919738723392

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Sep 18, 2010, 4:52:54 AM9/18/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
This flower pictures I took, in Chiplun, Maharastra
Date/Time- ------ 28.8.10-----8.58 a.m.
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 18, 2010, 11:25:19 AM9/18/10
to Parjanya guru, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Parjanya ji
S. anguivi is supposed to have many flowers in raceme like cymes, also the flowers are smaller in size. But then as you said leaves do appear distichous (I hope you meant that).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Parjanya guru

Sep 18, 2010, 11:29:01 AM9/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix

... I meant It Gurucharan jee..!!!
.. Some how the leaves dragged my attenion much..

  --

  Parjanya Guru
 +919738723392

Yazdy Palia

Sep 18, 2010, 1:58:01 PM9/18/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Solanum Viarum has much sharper bristles, they also have bristles on
the leaves, very sharp ones. It can not be S. Angui because the leaves
of S Anui are smaller and so are the flowers.
Regards
Yazdy.

tanay bose

Sep 19, 2010, 8:05:41 PM9/19/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
I think

Commelina communis

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2010, 1:25:16 AM10/17/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Yazdy Palia, Parjanya guru, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Perhaps Solanum viarum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

[...]

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1400 members & 50,000 messages on 10/10/10 & with a database of around 4100 species on 31/8/10)

IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2010, 11:13:40 AM10/17/10
to efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Mayur Nandikar, Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, Rashida Atthar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I think
Commelina communis
Tanay”

Oct 17, 2010, 2:07:05 PM10/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Mayur Nandikar, Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, Rashida Atthar

Yazdy Palia

Oct 17, 2010, 2:47:27 PM10/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Parjanya guru, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 17, 2010, 3:24:28 PM10/17/10
to Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Parjanya guru, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Yazdi ji
I hope you meant spines. For me closest match was S. viarum. May you suggest a better match.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

mayur nandikar

Oct 18, 2010, 2:51:37 AM10/18/10
to Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, Rashida Atthar
I think this one might be Commelina forskalaei  Vahl.
--
http://commelinaceae.blogspot.com
http://murdannia.blogspot.com

Regards,
Mayur D. Nandikar
Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University, Kolhapur (MS)
India- 416 004

@@@Please consider the environment before printing this email @@@@@

Yazdy Palia

Oct 18, 2010, 9:31:20 PM10/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Parjanya guru, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Dear Dr. Gurcharan Singh Ji,
My apologies, yes I meant Spines. Unfortunately the picture submitted
by Ekambaram does not have the picture of any fruits. Last year I had
submitted quite a few pictures of S. Viarum , with flowers, fruits and
pictures of leaves having very sharp spines. The flowers were purple.
I had a walk last evening and have taken pictures of what I thought
was S. Viarum but the flowers were off white. I am a bit confused.
However, the link submitted by me in the previous mail does have
pictures of S. Viarum with white flowers as well as purple flowers. In
all these pictures the spines are very sharp.
Last year I had also submitted pictures of some other solanum with
similar leaves and smaller spines but with same purple flowers and
smaller fruits, so unless we have pictures with flruits from Ekambaram
Ji, it is difficult to call it S. Viarum. I will sit down today and
try to identify the plant in Ekambaram Ji's pictures.
Attaching the pictures taken yesterday.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.
DSCN3772.JPG
DSCN3760.JPG
DSCN3770.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 7, 2010, 11:55:12 AM11/7/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Gurcharan Singh, Parjanya guru
Friends, without the fruits, it is difficult to identify. Last year ,
I have so many types of solanum , and solanum viarum had plenty of
spines even on the leaves. They were very sharp and long, this is
different. However there is one thing strange this year, all the
solanum viarum last year had purple flowers, but in the same area,
this year, they are all having white flowers. Have not seen a single
purple flower this year on S. Viarum. What could this be due to?
Regards
Yazdy.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 19, 2020, 8:14:20 AM11/19/20
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Solanum viarum ?
ID Looks good
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 19, 2020, 8:15:29 AM11/19/20
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Solanum viarum ?
ID Looks good
Group discussion at

Nov 19, 2020, 8:16:39 AM11/19/20
to efloraindia
No sir
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Nov 19, 2020, 8:21:16 AM11/19/20
to efloraofindia
Solanum anguivi,
With regards.

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 9:32:38 AM1/7/21
to efloraofindia
Solanum images should be removed from this page.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 31, 2021, 12:11:54 PM7/31/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Commelina forsskalii ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 31, 2021, 12:12:41 PM7/31/21
to indiantreepix, ethiruv...@gmail.com
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Commelina forsskalii ?
Group discussion at

Feb 13, 2022, 11:35:33 AM2/13/22
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Solanum violaceum Ortega is more likely.

Mar 25, 2023, 3:52:27 AM3/25/23
to efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, DineshValke, GurcharanSingh
Taking it as Solanum hovei as per discussions and differences at Kas Week :: DV :: 19 OCT 07 - 1120 :: Solanum lasiocarpum
IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG