a picture for you

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Dec 31, 2008, 9:37:26 AM12/31/08
to .
Friends

This flower photo i took it from Coorg.
Please give ID

IMG_0018.JPG

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Dec 31, 2008, 11:34:02 AM12/31/08
to .
Friends
This picture was taken in Coorg.Please give ID

IMG_0009-1a.jpg

IMG_0009-1a.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Dec 31, 2008, 11:40:31 AM12/31/08
to ., Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
This is Acalypha hispida (Chenile Plant).

Regards--
Ken Greby
Palmetto Bay, Florida USA

Dinesh Valke

Dec 31, 2008, 11:48:57 AM12/31/08
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indian...@googlegroups.com
IMG_0009-1a.jpg ... popularly known as cat's tail, chenille plant, foxtail ... Acalypha hispida
regards.

Dinesh Valke

Dec 31, 2008, 11:56:30 AM12/31/08
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indian...@googlegroups.com
IMG_0018.JPG ... most probably sky flower ... Duranta erecta
regards.

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Dec 31, 2008, 12:17:00 PM12/31/08
to .
HI
You have been sent 1 picture, which was taken in Coorg. ID please

IMG_0016-2a.jpg

IMG_0016-2a.jpg

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Dec 31, 2008, 12:20:11 PM12/31/08
to .
HI
You have been sent 1 picture, taken from hills of Coorg.
ID plese.

IMG_0004-3b.jpg

IMG_0004-3b.jpg

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Dec 31, 2008, 12:24:00 PM12/31/08
to .
HI
You have been sent 1 picture, taken from Coorg DEC. 2008.
Please give ID

IMG_0009-3a.jpg

IMG_0009-3a.jpg

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Dec 31, 2008, 12:26:06 PM12/31/08
to .
Hi
You have been sent 1 picture, taken from Coorg in month of Dec. 2008
Please.

IMG_0031-2a.jpg

IMG_0031-2a.jpg

Yazdy Palia

Dec 31, 2008, 12:28:09 PM12/31/08
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, .
I think the second one is Plumeria Frangipani or Temple tree. a link
is given below.
http://www.vassl.com/tropicalgarden/Plumeria.htm
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Mahadeswara Swamy

Jan 1, 2009, 9:01:04 AM1/1/09
to ., Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
P.rubra - forma acutifolia. Flower is white , splashed with gold .(Ref. Trees of Delhi).

> You have been sent 1 picture, taken from hills of Coorg.
> ID plese.
>

> IMG_0004-3b.jpg
>
> These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
> Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Grab now http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address

Mahadeswara Swamy

Jan 1, 2009, 9:09:01 AM1/1/09
to ., Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Wedelia trilobata.

Jan 1, 2009, 9:35:28 AM1/1/09
to Yazdy Palia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, .
Hi, Thiru ji,
Possibly Plumeria rubra. See from Indiantreepix Database:
Plumeria rubra (Syn. P. acutifolia, P. acuminata) Apocynaceae Frangipani, Champa, Crimson Temple Tree, Red/ White/ Maxican Frangipani, Pagoda Tree, Red Jasmine Tree, Gobur Champa, Lal Gulachin  It's profusely flowering now (3/4/08) in Kolkata- J.M.Garg. As per 'Beautiful trees & shrubs of Calcutta', flowers appear profusely from early spring to late autumn (Feb.- Oct.) with intermittent flowering in winter months. As per 'Trees of Delhi', it flowers from May to July, with another flush late in the rains. http://hort.ufl.edu/trees/PLURUBA.pdf Plumeria rubra- Frangipani, Champa, Crimson Temple Tree, Red/ White/ Maxican Frangipani, Pagoda Tree, Red Jasmine Tree, Gobur Champa, Lal Gulachin - indiantreepix | Google Groups http://www.hear.org/starr/hiplants/images/thumbnails/html/plumeria_rubra.htm The Temple Tree - indiantreepix | Google Groups

J.M. Garg

Jan 1, 2009, 9:44:40 AM1/1/09
to Yazdy Palia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, .
Here is Mahadeswara ji's reply in a different mail:

2009/1/1 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
2008/12/31 Yazdy Palia <yazdy...@gmail.com>

With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"

J.M. Garg

Jan 1, 2009, 10:51:10 AM1/1/09
to Dinesh Valke, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Dinesh ji & Kenneth ji,
Links for Duranta erecta (golden dewdrop, pigeonberry, skyflower): http://www.floridata.com/ref/D/dura_ere.cfm (details with pictures), http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/DURANTA_ERECTA.htm (details with lots of pictures),
From Indiantreepix Database:
Duranta repens (syn. D. erecta, D. plumeri)  Verbenaceae Duranta, Sky Flower, Pigeon Berry  at Kalpakkam, TN- Ovt.'08?; BFNS: Shrubs & Scramblers: Duranta (<I>Duranta repens</I>) Hedge for Id 190608JM - indiantreepix | Google Groups ID Please : SP311008 - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Ratna

Jan 2, 2009, 9:44:30 AM1/2/09
to indiantreepix
Most probably IMG_0018 is "Plumbago capensis".

On Dec 31 2008, 7:37 pm, "Thiruvengadam Ekambaram"
>  IMG_0018.JPG
> 113KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Jan 2, 2009, 3:04:35 PM1/2/09
to Ratna, indiantreepix
Thanks, Ratna ji, for the feedback.
IMG_0018 is not Plumbago auriculata syn. P. capensis. See from Indiantreepix Database:
Plumbago auriculata syn. P. capensis  Plumbagnaceae skyflower, Neela Chitramoolam, Blue-flowered Plumbago, Cape Leadwort Chennai, Tamil Nadu.  Floridata: Plumbago auriculata Seeking ID for these Blue Flowers - indiantreepix | Google Groups Plumbago - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Madhuri Pejaver

Jan 4, 2009, 8:08:56 AM1/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
i am not sure but when i visited karnataka somebody mentioned that duranta should not be planted near the house. when asked wh y could not get the correct answer. is anybody aware of what can be the reason?
and whether it is true?
madhuri

> Links for *Duranta erecta* (*golden dewdrop, pigeonberry,
> skyflower*):
> http://www.floridata.com/ref/D/dura_ere.cfm (details with
> pictures),
> http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/DURANTA_ERECTA.htm
> (details with lots of
> pictures),
> From Indiantreepix Database:
> *Duranta repens (syn. D. erecta, D. plumeri) *
> *Verbenaceae* *Duranta,
> Sky Flower, Pigeon Berry * at Kalpakkam, TN- Ovt.'08?;
> BFNS: Shrubs &
> Scramblers: Duranta (<I>Duranta
> repens</I>)<http://www.bfns.org.au/index.php?c=3&w=21>
> Hedge
> for Id 190608JM - indiantreepix | Google
> Groups<http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/7b27ea07139f7a66>
> ID
> Please : SP311008 - indiantreepix | Google
> Groups<http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/d977d4dec0c9d6d7?hl=en>
> 2008/12/31 Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com>
>
> > IMG_0018.JPG ... most probably sky flower ... *Duranta
> erecta*

Kenneth Greby

Jan 4, 2009, 8:50:51 AM1/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com, formp...@yahoo.com
 Poisonous fruit? Rather small and attractive for kids to eat.

Regards--
Ken Greby
Palmetto Bay, Florida USA

Mahadeswara Swamy

Jan 5, 2009, 8:47:21 AM1/5/09
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com, formp...@yahoo.com
Totally baseless. No harm has been done by planting close to house or walls. It is one of the most beautiful shrubs used for hedges and topiary. Infact I myself have used in my institution.