VOF Week: Urticaceae sp-2 ---- near Joshimath

Prashant Awale

Sep 13, 2012, 10:47:00 AM9/13/12
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Looks like some Urticaceae sp. I had seen some sort of bulge in the stem. Sharing photographs of the same..

Location: Near Joshimath.
Regards
Prashant
IMG_2045.jpg
IMG_2044.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg
IMG_2041.jpg
DSC00056.JPG
DSC00055.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Sep 13, 2012, 11:05:52 AM9/13/12
to Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Yes Urticaceae, may be Urtica sp....

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 13, 2012, 1:31:42 PM9/13/12
to Nidhan Singh, Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Urtica parviflora
united stipules forming single broader one on each side can be clearly seen in the first photograph.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant Awale

Sep 14, 2012, 7:10:08 AM9/14/12
to Gurcharan Singh, Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Nidhan ji, Gurcharan Singh ji.
Regards
Prashant

J.M. Garg

Mar 1, 2014, 3:37:10 AM3/1/14
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Nidhan Singh, Balkar Singh
U. ardens as per another thread.

Prashant

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2265 members & 1,82,700 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80,000 images).

IMG_2045.jpg
IMG_2044.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg
IMG_2041.jpg
DSC00056.JPG
DSC00055.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 3, 2023, 5:38:48 AM8/3/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes Garg ji

JM Garg

Aug 25, 2023, 6:04:14 AM8/25/23
to Prashant awale, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh, Tabish, efloraofindia
Taking it as Urtica himalayensis Kunth & Bouché (syn: Urtica mairei var. oblongifolia C.J.Chen; Urtica zayuensis C.J.Chen) as per discussions at A relook at our specimens of Urtica parviflora.
Thanks, Tabish ji, for pointing out.

Aug 26, 2023, 10:35:09 PM8/26/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes Garg ji.