alpine herb for id

Manoj Chandran

Dec 5, 2012, 6:26:34 AM12/5/12
to efloraofindia
Chiplakedar, 4000m, Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, 23 june 2010. very small herb around 3 cm tall.
IMG_4510-800.jpg

jmgarg1

Dec 11, 2012, 1:00:02 AM12/11/12
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, shreya....@gmail.com, abesh...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, res...@gmail.com, mand...@gmail.com, mach...@gmail.com, tigeru...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, dattaben...@gmail.com

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2015 members & 1,39,500 messages on 30/11/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

IMG_4510-800.jpg

jmgarg1

Dec 17, 2012, 12:00:22 AM12/17/12
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, shreya....@gmail.com, abesh...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, res...@gmail.com, mand...@gmail.com, alokis...@gmail.com, kisha...@rediffmail.com, aniltha...@gmail.com, mach...@gmail.com, tigeru...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, leopa...@gmail.com, mani....@gmail.com, envsu...@gmail.com, anz...@gmail.com, ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in, krkmu...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com

Chiplakedar, 4000m, Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, 23 june 2010. very small herb around 3 cm tall.

--

IMG_4510-800.jpg

jmgarg1

Dec 24, 2012, 12:02:29 AM12/24/12
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, envsu...@gmail.com, drpur...@gmail.com, anz...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, Manoj Chandran

Chiplakedar, 4000m, Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, 23 june 2010. very small herb around 3 cm tall.

--

IMG_4510-800.jpg

Pudji Widodo

Dec 24, 2012, 9:31:13 AM12/24/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
May be Costus afer.

Pudji Widodo
Faculty of Biology Jenderal Soedirman University
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

jmgarg1

Dec 29, 2012, 4:32:37 AM12/29/12
to efloraofindia, msa...@rediffmail.com, msa...@yahoo.in, prabhum...@gmail.com, Pudji Widodo, Manoj Chandran

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Chiplakedar, 4000m, Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, 23 june 2010. very small herb around 3 cm tall.

--

IMG_4510-800.jpg

D.S Rawat

Jan 3, 2013, 10:42:21 AM1/3/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Primulaceae member but never seen by me in the field.
DSRawat Pantnagar

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 7, 2021, 11:00:21 AM2/7/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Primulaceae member ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 7, 2021, 11:01:01 AM2/7/21
to indiantreepix
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Primulaceae member ?
Group discussion at

Feb 7, 2021, 11:13:53 PM2/7/21
to efloraofindia
Costus sps ?

Mahadeswara

Feb 7, 2021, 11:33:50 PM2/7/21
to efloraofindia
Yes.   Agree with Chennur ji.  Costus or related species.

J.M. Garg

Feb 14, 2021, 3:26:32 AM2/14/21
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, D.S Rawat, Chennuru Nagendra, M Swamy

Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

May be Costus afer.
Pudji Widodo
Faculty of Biology Jenderal Soedirman University
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

Primulaceae member but never seen by me in the field.

DSRawat Pantnagar

Costus sps ?- from Nagendra ji

Yes. Agree with Chennur ji. Costus or related species.

Manoj Chandran

Feb 15, 2021, 12:44:43 AM2/15/21
to efloraofindia
It is the original Nardostachys grandiflora though many authors think it as a synonym of N.jatamansii, which is an entirely different plant.

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2021, 12:50:53 AM2/15/21
to efloraofindia, Manoj Chandran
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 19, 2021, 5:59:04 AM2/19/21
to efloraofindia, Manoj Chandran, D.S Rawat, Chennuru Nagendra, M Swamy
Thanks, Manoj ji.
I looked at the GBIF specimens for Nardostachys grandiflora, but I do not think these match.

J.M. Garg

Feb 19, 2021, 7:19:10 AM2/19/21
to efloraofindia, Manoj Chandran
Thanks a lot, Ishwari ji