Poaceae, Cyperaceae and Juncaceae Week :: ¿ Cyperus sp. ? at Yeoor Hills :: 16 AUG 09 08:34 :: DV21

Dinesh Valke

Apr 4, 2013, 1:38:13 PM4/4/13
to efloraofindia
Poaceae, Cyperaceae and Juncaceae Week
grasses, sedges and rushes
¿ Cyperaceae ?
¿ Cyperus ? sp.
Place, Altitude: Yeoor Hills ... about 350 ft asl
Date, Time: 16 AUG 09 ... 08:34am
Habitat: near to rocky banks of seasonal stream
Habit: rooted in water bed, erect herb; standing about 1 - 1.5 m high

... flowers of grass

... flowers of grass

¿ Cyperus sp. ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Nayan Singh

Apr 4, 2013, 6:31:39 PM4/4/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji,
nice pic, it looks like cyperus esculentus
Regards

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests (NPV)
Satpura Bhawan
Arera Hills
Madhya Pradesh
Mo - 09424790074

Poaceae, Cyperaceae and Juncaceae Week grasses, sedges and rushes
¿ Cyperaceae ? ¿ Cyperus ? sp.
Place, Altitude: Yeoor Hills ... about 350 ft asl
Date, Time: 16 AUG 09 ... 08:34am
Habitat: near to rocky banks of seasonal stream
Habit: rooted in water bed, erect herb; standing about 1 - 1.5 m high

... flowers of grass

... flowers of grass

¿ Cyperus sp. ?
Regards.
Dinesh
--   --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Dinesh Valke

Apr 5, 2013, 9:35:29 AM4/5/13
to Nayan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Nayan ji for this possible ID and for the appreciation.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2013, 1:23:14 AM4/15/13
to efloraofindia, ANiIL kumar, tanvee...@gmail.com, Paramjit Channa, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Dr Preeti s, Manoj Chandran, Girish Jathar, Manish Kandwal, Nayan Singh, Dinesh Valke

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 nice pic, it looks like cyperus esculentus

Regards
 Nayan.

 efi page: Cyperus esculentus

to efloraofindia, ANiIL kumar, tanvee...@gmail.com, Paramjit Channa, Aaru Muga, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Dr Preeti s, Manoj Chandran, Girish Jathar, Manish Kandwal, jef.ve...@naturalis.nl, surajit koley, Rohit Patel, Dr Umeshkumar Tiwari, alk...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh, Dinesh Valke

Some earlier relevant feedback:

nice pic, it looks like cyperus esculentus

Regards
Nayan.

efi page: Cyperus esculentus

Feedback in another thread  :
This one looks different to the plants in - http://floridagrasses.org/cyperus_esculentus.htm and in http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?search=Cyperus+esculentus&guide=Grasses&cl=US/WI/Ozaukee/UWM_Field_Station. from Surajit ji.

Aug 18, 2013, 4:04:36 AM8/18/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, ANiIL kumar, tanveer khan, Paramjit Channa, Aaru Muga, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Dr Preeti s, Manoj Chandran, Girish Jathar, Manish Kandwal, jef.ve...@naturalis.nl, Rohit Patel, Dr Umeshkumar Tiwari, Alka Khare, Nayan Singh, Dinesh Valke
Sir,

I am very confused for this one. Because, the 2nd photo looks very similar to one that i have in my hand, in a field guide (rather a booklet without much detail) in Bengali, which is labelled as MADUR-KATHI = Cyperus malaccensis Lam.

But i may very well be wrong with what i see in my book and the most important is i do not know if it can be found in Maharashtra.

Thank you,

Regards,

surajit

Dinesh Valke

Aug 18, 2013, 4:52:27 AM8/18/13
to surajit koley, efloraofindia, Manoj Chandran, J.M. Garg
Many thanks Garg ji for resurfacing this ID query; and thanks Surajit ji for your thoughts. Agreeing about the doubt of C. malaccensis being found distributed in Maharashtra (in this case - northern region of Konkan / Western Ghats). Perhaps Manoj (Chandran) ji had passed this query for want of required aspects.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Nov 19, 2016, 5:18:00 AM11/19/16
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Thanks, Prasad ji.

    Most of the Cyperaceae members cannot be identified from the photographs. One need to study the specimens under microscope.

Regards

V.P. Prasad

Nov 19, 2016, 7:52:49 AM11/19/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Many thanks Garg ji for resurfacing the query.
Thanks very much Prasad ji. Point noted.
Regards.
Dinesh

Thanks, Prasad ji.

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>