SK1187 09 JUNE 2018

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 9, 2018, 8:59:38 AM6/9/18
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Tabish
Location : Sukhiapokahari, Darjeeling, India
Date : 12 May 2018
Elevation :  6900 ft.
Habit : Wild

Leaf only !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
_DSC0830.JPG
_DSC0831.JPG
_DSC0828.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 11, 2018, 12:30:44 AM6/11/18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks, Saroj ji

J.M. Garg

Jun 19, 2018, 6:37:33 AM6/19/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

_DSC0830.JPG
_DSC0831.JPG
_DSC0828.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 23, 2020, 11:25:26 AM11/23/20
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Re-surfacing for ID !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 25, 2020, 6:25:20 AM11/25/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
I think Asteraceae. May be from from Cichorieae‎ with genus like Lactuca etc.

Nov 25, 2020, 7:18:13 AM11/25/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !
Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 14, 2021, 11:12:43 AM6/14/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 14, 2021, 11:13:41 AM6/14/21
to indiantreepix, Saroj Kumar Kasaju
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Jun 18, 2021, 10:14:25 AM6/18/21
to efloraofindia
If it is Asteraceae, it might be Notoseris khasiana (C.B.Clarke) N.Kilian.

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 18, 2021, 12:30:13 PM6/18/21
to efloraindia

Thank you Surajit ji !
Leaf looks slight different. Some other Notoseris ??

Saroj Kasaju

surajit koley

Jun 18, 2021, 1:00:04 PM6/18/21
to efloraofindia
Actually, it is under the genus Prenanthes in Flora of British India, Saroj ji, and presently at least two genera need to be consulted - Lactuca, Notoseris,  Please check FoC http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=122475, a similar sp. is N. triflora, ut with amplexicauled leaf - http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=121251&flora_id=2.

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAEf%3DytR4w8HK9KuE-L8vYRsY785kTUjo6bmYRNdXYoZkfG55Kw%40mail.gmail.com.

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 18, 2021, 2:24:26 PM6/18/21
to efloraindia
Checked but still confusing . Plant is scandent nature!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

surajit koley

Jun 19, 2021, 1:33:39 AM6/19/21
to efloraofindia
As per Flora of British India, the species is upto 4 ft slender erect herb, with deltoid leaves, having cordate base. But, KEW herbarium doesn't show cordate base - https://colplanta.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:77118020-1.

It was my guess only, since the probability of asteraceae was raised and the leaves looked deltoid. It is quite possible it may be some other asteraceae.

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

surajit koley

Jun 19, 2021, 1:35:47 AM6/19/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Sorry, Sir, forgot to attach FBI entry.

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

Notoseris khasiana.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 19, 2021, 3:18:18 AM6/19/21
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Looks according to the keys!
Thank you Surajit Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

surajit koley

Jun 19, 2021, 8:30:48 AM6/19/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Sir ji, I suggest please keep it that way, for it will have its own room in eFI ! In future if more information can be obtained from other sources, or you happen to find this again and can be identified properly, it will be moved to a more furnished room!

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

surajit koley

Jun 19, 2021, 11:35:02 AM6/19/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

surajit koley

Jun 19, 2021, 11:47:42 AM6/19/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

J.M. Garg

Jun 25, 2021, 12:32:59 PM6/25/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks, Surajit ji.
Yes, May be as per GBIF- specimen and others like one and two

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 19, 2021, 2:19:56 AM7/19/21
to J.M. Garg, surajit koley, efloraofindia
Dear Surajit Ji,

I have found  the same plant ( I guess ) in Nepal also ranging from 2200-2700m.
Plant is not erect but scandent ( dangler) like earlier. Could you please find out the
flowering phenology for this sp. ?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0238.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 19, 2021, 2:20:10 AM7/19/21
to J.M. Garg, surajit koley, efloraofindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0239.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 19, 2021, 2:20:45 AM7/19/21
to J.M. Garg, surajit koley, efloraofindia
DSC_0357.JPG

surajit koley

Jul 19, 2021, 11:11:04 AM7/19/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sir, in all literature, new or old, Lactuca decipiens C.B.Clarke (Melanoseris decipiens (C.B.Clarke) N.Kilian & Ze H.Wang) has been described as an erect herb.

According to Clarke - "Caulis 2-4 pedalis ...", meaning, I think, stem 2-4 feet.

Surprisingly, Flora of British India, Compisitae Indicae, Plants of the Indian Himalayan Region ... none describes flowering season. As per one other document the flowering season is July to November, in Kashmir, a time that covers almost all Lactuca / Melanoseris spp.

Thank you
Regards
Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

Jul 28, 2021, 7:27:36 AM7/28/21
to surajit koley, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks, Surajit ji and Saroj ji,
Pl. also examine the possibility of Lactuca brunoniana (DC.) Wall. ex C.B.Clarke as per images and details herein and as per GBIF specimens- one, two and three.
However, description here also says it to be erect as per FBI.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 28, 2021, 9:46:13 AM7/28/21
to J.M. Garg, surajit koley, efloraofindia
I want clarify here that this sp. is scandent or rather hanging from wall type
whereas L. bruniniana is a erect shrub !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 31, 2021, 12:40:03 PM7/31/21
to J.M. Garg, surajit koley, efloraofindia
Senecio scandens var. incisus Franch. ??
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 22.10.30.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 22.15.01.png

surajit koley

Aug 1, 2021, 1:14:07 AM8/1/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I tend to agree with you, Saroj ji, and perhaps you have solved another thread along with this one. But, presently, I cannot remember which one ... let me see ... I'll revert back

Thank you
Regards

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 1, 2021, 1:15:37 AM8/1/21
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
OK Surajit JI !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

surajit koley

Aug 1, 2021, 1:57:08 AM8/1/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I attach again the relevant entry of FBI and illustrations referred therein. One illustration with auricle at leaf base and the other without.

Following the KEY in FoC, I think your id is correct.

Thank you
Regards

FBI_vol_III_p_352.jpg
Icones_vol_III.jpg