Sikkim Flower:9 _ ID Request

9 views
Skip to first unread message

Ratna Ghosh

unread,
Nov 15, 2010, 7:40:08 AM11/15/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I got this flower on way to Khechipedi Lake from Pelling, South Sikkim.
The sht was taken in October,2010.
Experts may kindly give the ID of this flower.

Thanks and regards
Ratna Ghosh
SSikkim 056 copy.jpg

Prashant awale

unread,
Nov 15, 2010, 10:01:09 AM11/15/10
to Ratna Ghosh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Torenia sp.
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

unread,
Nov 15, 2010, 10:26:25 AM11/15/10
to Prashant awale, Ratna Ghosh, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think Torenia cordifolia, quite common in the region
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
            604-822-2019 (Lab)

Ritesh Choudhary

unread,
Nov 15, 2010, 9:17:01 PM11/15/10
to efloraofindia
Torenia asiatica could also be a choice. Pl post some more photos.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Nov 16, 12:26 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Torenia cordifolia, quite common in the region
> tanay
>
>
>
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Torenia sp.
> > regards
> > Prashant
>
> > On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Ratna Ghosh <ratn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I got this flower on way to Khechipedi Lake from Pelling, South Sikkim.
> >> The sht was taken in October,2010.
> >> Experts may kindly give the ID of this flower.
>
> >> Thanks and regards
> >> Ratna Ghosh
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Dec 4, 2010, 1:39:32 PM12/4/10
to efloraofindia, Ratna Ghosh, TANAY BOSE, Ritesh Choudhary
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Prashant ji.............................................Torenia sp.

Tanay..................................................I think Torenia cordifolia, quite common in the region

Ritesh ji..............................................Torenia asiatica could also be a choice. Pl post some more photos...

-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 
SSikkim 056 copy.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Dec 22, 2010, 5:01:10 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia, Ratna, Prashant awale, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Dr. M. K. Pathak, ulachungpa
Resurfacing again for ID
Earlier feedback
Prashant ji.............................................Torenia sp.
Tanay..................................................I think Torenia cordifolia, quite common in the region
Ritesh ji..............................................Torenia asiatica could also be a choice. Pl post some more photos...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ratna Ghosh <rat...@gmail.com>
Date: 15 November 2010 18:10
Subject: [efloraofindia:54392] Sikkim Flower:9 _ ID Request
To: indian...@googlegroups.com





--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1475 members & 57,000 messages on 16/12/10 & with a database of around 4400 species on 30/11/10)

SSikkim 056 copy.jpg

Smilax004

unread,
Dec 22, 2010, 5:40:24 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia
Could it be Torenia bicolor?

Regards,
Giby

On Dec 22, 3:01 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Resurfacing again for ID
> Earlier feedback
> Prashant ji.............................................*Torenia sp.*
> Tanay..................................................*I think Torenia
> cordifolia*, quite common in the region
> Ritesh ji..............................................*Torenia asiatica
> could also be a choice. Pl post some more photos*...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Ratna Ghosh <ratn...@gmail.com>
> Date: 15 November 2010 18:10
> Subject: [efloraofindia:54392] Sikkim Flower:9 _ ID Request
> To: indian...@googlegroups.com
>
> I got this flower on way to Khechipedi Lake from Pelling, South Sikkim.
> The sht was taken in October,2010.
> Experts may kindly give the ID of this flower.
>
> Thanks and regards
> Ratna Ghosh
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1475 members &
> 57,000 messages on 16/12/10 & with a database of around 4400 species on
> 30/11/10)
>
>
>
>  SSikkim 056 copy.jpg
> 68KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

unread,
Dec 25, 2010, 1:04:35 AM12/25/10
to efloraofindia
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ratna Ghosh <rat...@gmail.com>
Date: 24 December 2010 21:07
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:54392] Sikkim Flower:9 _ ID Request
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>


Got only two shot....sending the other one...

Thanks and regards
Ratna Ghosh

SSikkim 055 copy.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Jan 17, 2011, 9:09:45 PM1/17/11
to efloraofindia, Ratna Ghosh, Prashant awale, TANAY BOSE, Ritesh Choudhary, Giby Kuriakose
Resurfacing again for ID
Earlier feedback
Prashant ji.............................................Torenia sp.
Tanay..................................................I think Torenia cordifolia, quite common in the region
Ritesh ji..............................................Torenia asiatica could also be a choice. Pl post some more photos...
Giby ji................................................Could it be Torenia bicolor?


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ratna Ghosh <rat...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM
Subject: [efloraofindia:54392] Sikkim Flower:9 _ ID Request
To: indian...@googlegroups.com


SSikkim 056 copy.jpg
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages