PM01-04082021-plant id from Pangi valley, HP

Pardeep Mor

Aug 4, 2021, 2:35:15 AM8/4/21
to efloraofindia
Habit- A small Herb with bright blue colored inflorescence.
I am sorry, I don't have clear images of leaves and whole plant.
Habitat- alpine meadows, along roadside
Location- Sural Bhatori (Pangi), Chamba, HP
Altitude- 3200m
Date-July 2021

--
Pardeep K. Mor
Research Scholar

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 4, 2021, 4:15:42 AM8/4/21
to efloraindia, Pardeep Mor, J.M. Garg
Yes, in fact image information is not sufficient. No habitat, leaf and flower
close-up images. Please check Prunella vulgaris L. !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2021, 2:30:28 AM8/13/21
to efloraofindia, Pardeep Mor, Saroj Kasaju
Not Prunella vulgaris
Some other Lamiaceae member.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
m_DSC_0553.JPG
m_DSC_0554.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2021, 3:33:49 AM8/13/21
to efloraofindia, Pardeep Mor, Saroj Kasaju
Might be some Phlomis member (now few in Phlomoides). Not Prunella as rightly pointed out.

Sampath Kumar
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2021, 4:56:40 AM8/21/21
to Pardeep Mor, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Hi, Pardeep ji,
May I request you to pl. post high res. images to check the details.
This may be some species of Nepeta as per comparative images herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pardeep Mor

Aug 21, 2021, 4:59:24 AM8/21/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
I am sorry sir
I have only two images of this plant posted here.

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2021, 5:30:00 AM8/21/21
to Pardeep Mor, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Hi, Pardeep ji,
Pl. post original images. I want to see the details of calyx.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Nidhan Singh

Aug 21, 2021, 10:39:14 PM8/21/21
to indiantreepix, Pardeep Mor, Saroj Kasaju
Yes Garg Ji, it is best to search in Nepeta...

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Pardeep Mor

Aug 24, 2021, 6:21:41 AM8/24/21
to Nidhan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Sir, please find the another image of this plant
404Modified.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 30, 2021, 3:43:36 AM8/30/21
to Pardeep Mor, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
One possibility is Nepeta laevigata (D.Don) Hand.-Mazz., but I am unable to see the calyx lobes learly in the posted images.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pardeep Mor

Sep 2, 2021, 5:34:22 AM9/2/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank u sir
nxt time I will try to get closeup images of plant

D.S Rawat

Sep 2, 2021, 12:27:54 PM9/2/21
to efloraofindia
Yes, N. laevigata is the close possibility.

DSRawat, Pantnagar

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 6, 2021, 11:29:55 AM9/6/21
to efloraindia