Id Plz

Smita Raskar

Dec 5, 2010, 3:00:26 AM12/5/10
to indiantreepix
hello all
can any one id this plant
thia a herb about 1feet in hight captured at Amboli , Maharashtra
sorry..no leaves nothnig all dried..only  very cute, tiny flowers were peeping out of bracts:):)
i am very curious to know its name
Smita

--
Smita raskar
M.Sc. (Botany)

Smita Raskar

Dec 5, 2010, 3:02:06 AM12/5/10
to indiantreepix
Sorry forgot to attach pic..here it is..
Picture 2510.jpg

Prashant awale

Dec 5, 2010, 7:09:05 AM12/5/10
to Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
This to me looks like some Euphorbia sp. (Family: Euphorbiaceae).
regards
Prashant

Pudji Widodo

Dec 6, 2010, 4:23:05 AM12/6/10
to efloraofindia
Almost like Euphorbia milii

Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

On Dec 5, 7:09 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This to me looks like some *Euphorbia sp.** (*Family: Euphorbiaceae).
> regards
> Prashant
>
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Smita Raskar <smita.ras...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry forgot to attach pic..here it is..

J.M. Garg

Dec 23, 2010, 3:56:39 AM12/23/10
to efloraofindia, smilingsmit, Pudji Widodo, Prashant awale, Rashida Atthar, Dinesh Valke

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This to me looks like some Euphorbia sp. (Family: Euphorbiaceae).
regards
Prashant”

Almost like Euphorbia milii

Pudji Widodo”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Picture 2510.jpg

sanal nair

Dec 23, 2010, 4:01:59 AM12/23/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, Pudji Widodo, Prashant awale, Rashida Atthar, Dinesh Valke
Dear friends,
As such this group attracts a lot of queries,
identifications sought.To add to this it is my personal request as to
not further upload Trees/plants of other countries.
Let us stick to Indian Trees only.
Regards,

Sanal Nair

On 12/23/10, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>

> “This to me looks like some* Euphorbia sp*. (Family: Euphorbiaceae).
> regards
> Prashant”
>

> “*Almost like Euphorbia milii*

> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &

Vijayasankar

Dec 23, 2010, 7:58:07 PM12/23/10
to sanal nair, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, Pudji Widodo, Prashant awale, Rashida Atthar, Dinesh Valke
Euphorbia cristata, perhaps. [not to be confused with E. lactea 'cristata']

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
Phone: +1 662 915 1018

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 9, 2021, 9:28:07 AM9/9/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Euphorbia species
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 9, 2021, 9:29:47 AM9/9/21
to indiantreepix, Smita Raskar
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Euphorbia species
Group discussion at

Sep 12, 2021, 7:20:57 AM9/12/21
to efloraofindia, smilingsmit
Euphorbia pycnostegia var. zornioides (Boiss.) Santapau as per Euphorbiaceae fortnight .Id plz

Dec 20, 2021, 3:04:34 AM12/20/21
to efloraofindia, smilingsmit
Going by flower details, appears more closer to images at Euphorbia elegans

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Picture 2510.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 25, 2021, 9:33:26 AM12/25/21
to efloraofindia
Yes Garg ji, this one looks like E. elegans.