submission of Hymenocallis harrisiana Herb.,

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Jul 27, 2017, 4:41:14 AM7/27/17
to efloraofindia

Plant name: Hymenocallis  harrisiana Herb., Edwards's Bot. Reg. 26(Misc.): 35 1840.

Family: Amaryllidaceae

Common names: Peruvian Daffodil, Spider Lily, Basket Flower, Summer Daffodil, Spider Flower

The simple leaves are basal, coriaceous with entire margins. The flowers are white

funnel-shaped; tri-merous, the inter-staminal member is thin and white. Stamens 6. The plants produce loculicidal capsules.

It is a native of Mexico. Cultivated as an ornamental.

thank you

regards

A.Lalithamba

Hymenocallis harrisiana.JPG
Hymenocallis harrisiana 1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 27, 2017, 9:02:42 AM7/27/17
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia
Beautiful presentation, Lalithamba ji.

Nidhan Singh

Jul 28, 2017, 4:03:09 AM7/28/17
to J.M. Garg, Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia
Thanks Lalithamba Ji....
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

J.M. Garg

Aug 5, 2017, 9:42:18 AM8/5/17
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Hymenocallis fragrans (Salisb.) Salisb. as per pacificbulbsociety ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Hymenocallis harrisiana.JPG
Hymenocallis harrisiana 1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2017, 8:33:45 AM8/14/17
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Hi, Lalithamba ji,
May I have your views in the matter Pl.
Hymenocallis harrisiana.JPG
Hymenocallis harrisiana 1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2017, 8:47:55 AM8/14/17
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.
Also we have no identified posting in efi site so far on this.

On 14-Aug-2017 6:08 PM, "Lalithamba Avadhanam" <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
Based on the characters I have identified it as Hymenocallis harrisiana, the tuber was gifted to me, it is the flowering.
thank you
regards
A.Lalithamba

Bharathi raja

Aug 17, 2017, 1:25:31 AM8/17/17
to efloraofindia, alali...@gmail.com
Hi All,
Similiar one attached.
Cc: "Lalithamba Avadhanam" <alali...@gmail.com>

6a120e86-a3ed-48a2-ad15-0f161b03b27e.jpg
940d0197-c5ee-434f-8547-36ce6cf79ce0.jpg
35070f8a-b49f-4bb1-a120-6dbcf0af5a42.jpg
42156662-3a45-4bf0-9242-8365048686bf (1).jpg
42156662-3a45-4bf0-9242-8365048686bf.jpg
d36b0709-e281-4d23-89e4-7938e6760917.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2017, 3:24:19 AM8/17/17
to Bharathi raja, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Hi, Bharathi ji,

J.M. Garg

Apr 18, 2018, 8:19:32 AM4/18/18
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Apr 18, 2018, 9:01:56 AM4/18/18
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Bharathi raja
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

On 18 April 2018 at 18:29, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
The images attached by Bharati ji are very close to Hymenocaulis littoralis
regards
A.Lalithamba

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 27, 2021, 12:17:44 AM3/27/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 27, 2021, 12:18:37 AM3/27/21
to indiantreepix, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Mar 29, 2021, 5:22:09 AM3/29/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Cultivated ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Mar 29, 2021, 7:51:32 AM3/29/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh
cultivated
--
A.Lalithamba