Malvaceae week 09 05 2011 UD 005 Gossypium sp.

ushadi Micromini

Sep 6, 2011, 10:07:25 AM9/6/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Madhuri Pejaver, Na Bha

Malvaceae week 09 05 2011 UD 005

Dear All:

Family :  Malvaceae

Genus :  Gossypium

Species:  Gossypium kleenexia  (caav.) Delz. Ex. Delz and Ginsb..

Vernacular names:  They had me going…  now its your turn.

I spotted these cotton plant branches ready for some dry flower arrangement in a florist shop in my town a few years ago…

Now look at PICTUREs 1 , 1a and Picture 2 and then come back and read the following.

I was minding my own business, walking,  doing some serious window shopping  on a sunny late summer afternoon… in  a suburban village near NYC…   (spotted some nice flowers in my favorite flower shop,   where I often would take some pictures for the owner… )   and guess what beckoned me on….   I think they said  new stock of cotton plants for dry flower arrangement had come in… could I please take some pictures for them?   As usual I was happy to do some clicking for their in-house magazine….   I took quite a few pictures…   and then  got closer… my body language must have changed from happy  to dismay… I heard a gaggle of titter from the sales girls and the owner… they had me ….   Was not April… this was late summer… not Halloween either…  just Summer madness…   Had a wonderful laugh together…

Enjoy… I did , they did , and many countless others also had been had that summer afternoon...

Usha di

===

ps what gave it away was the thin wisp ,  the cotton ball itself and the plastic leaf with its attachment looking closely.

Gossypium Kleenexia 1 masquarade Ball PUN intended FLower shop NY 2008.jpg
Gossypium kleenexia 1a masuarade Ball PUN intented flower shop NY 2008.jpg
Gossypium Kleenexia 2 masquarade Ball PUN intended FLower shop NY 2008.jpg
Gossypium kleenexia 3 masuarade Ball PUN intented Secrets give away NY flower shop 2008.jpg

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 6, 2011, 4:10:34 PM9/6/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Na Bha, ushadi Micromini
But Di they have really taken pains. Great. Nicely fooled
Madhuri

ushadi Micromini

Sep 6, 2011, 11:37:08 PM9/6/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Na Bha
yes,   that's why its sooooo funyyyyy
usha di..
=======

Gurcharan Singh