Hooghly Today : tiniest flower i have ever seen

surajit koley

May 18, 2013, 11:59:48 AM5/18/13
to efloraofindia
Please visit the link - http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=112355#KEY-1-18 and you will see key to differentiate at least three species.

My species has leaf size of Euphorbia heyneana Spreng. But FoC says leaf base is extremely oblique in E. heyneana. How much is "extremely"?

Neil Sir identified Euphorbia heyneana in a post - https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/H_f4JN-zoEQ/9dRYRmByq1IJ

Tanay Ji identified another plant as Euphorbia serpens Kunth - https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/oqRs6hFciYc/FXRYpuceKHMJ

Fl. Br. Ind. describes both the species under E. microphylla Heyne. Bengal Plants has no "serpens".

I think my species is Euphorbia serpens Kunth because of its stipules, even if leaf-size is more close to Euphorbia heyneana Spreng.

The Bengali name CHOTO KERUI (ছোট কেরই) for "microphylla".

Thank you.
Regards,
surajit
P1030547.jpg
P1030549.jpg
P1030552.jpg
P1030556.jpg
P1030557.jpg
P1030558.jpg

D.S Rawat

May 19, 2013, 2:40:11 AM5/19/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I, in my area, have identified it as E.heyneana.
DSRawat Pantnagar

surajitkoley

May 19, 2013, 4:59:53 AM5/19/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com, D. S Rawat
Thank you very much Sir for the very probable ID. Please allow me to wait for the further views.

Regards,
surajit

J.M. Garg

May 25, 2013, 3:54:15 AM5/25/13
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares, Tanay Bose, Tapas Chakrabarty, Nambiyath Balakrishnan, Gurcharan Singh, D.S Rawat, surajit koley, Vijayasankar Raman

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I, in my area, have identified it as E.heyneana.

DSRawat Pantnagar

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2085 members & 1,53,000 messages on 30/4/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8000 species).
P1030547.jpg
P1030549.jpg
P1030552.jpg
P1030556.jpg
P1030557.jpg
P1030558.jpg

surajit koley

May 25, 2013, 4:30:17 AM5/25/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Sir,

I very much subscribe to Rawat Sir.

Thank you,
Regards,
surajit

J.M. Garg

Sep 26, 2020, 8:07:58 AM9/26/20
to surajit koley, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
I think it should be Euphorbia serpens as per differences pointed out by Balakrishnan ji at SD034 Plant ID assistance

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 26, 2020, 8:09:14 AM9/26/20
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley, D.S Rawat
I think it should be Euphorbia serpens as per differences pointed out by Balakrishnan ji at
Sep 26, 2020, 12:56:04 PM9/26/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, surajitkoley, D.S Rawat
This appears to be E. serpens
Balakrishnan
26/9/2020

J.M. Garg

Sep 26, 2020, 9:55:55 PM9/26/20
to Nambiyath Balakrishnan, efloraofindia, surajitkoley, D.S Rawat
Thanks a lot, Balakrishnan ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

surajit koley

Mar 16, 2021, 11:59:13 AM3/16/21
to J.M. Garg, Nambiyath Balakrishnan, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
I thank you.very much Sir, for taking care. And I am ashamed to reply so late. Since mid 2020 I was too occupied with the health concerns of my family members.

With regards,

Surajit Koley