Tree ID

harikvr

Aug 19, 2014, 4:14:17 AM8/19/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Please help me ID this tree.

Himachal Pradesh; between 1000-1500 msl; A friend took this photo and he says that he has noticed this as often associated with Lyonia ovalifolia.

Thanks

Regards

Hari
DSC_1077.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 19, 2014, 4:31:55 AM8/19/14
to harikvr, efloraofindia
Thanks, Hari ji,
Pl. send the close ups.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,96,000 messages on 31/7/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Harikrishnan VenuRadha

Aug 19, 2014, 4:48:31 AM8/19/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
This is the best I have. As I had mentioned, a friend had sent this one. He does not have better. I know this is not good enough for IDing. I am just trying my luck, if anyone could ID it.
--
Everything will again be great and mighty
The land simple and the water bountiful

Harikrishnan VenuRadha

Aug 19, 2014, 11:47:41 PM8/19/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
This picture was taken in Majathal WLS in Solan district of Himachal.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 23, 2021, 9:12:00 AM1/23/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Unidentified  Tree in Solan, HP
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh