Tree for ID : Oman : 140213 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Feb 14, 2013, 2:05:24 AM2/14/13
to efloraofindia
Saw this large tree in one of the farms here on 25/1/2013.
It looked like the Neem tree from far, but leaves were slightly different.
No fruits or flowers seen. Tree was spreading out.
Kindly id.
Aarti

P1180339.JPG
P1180340.JPG
P1180341.JPG
P1180342.JPG
P1180343.JPG
P1180344.JPG

Guru

Feb 14, 2013, 3:42:17 AM2/14/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Arti jee,

Check for any species of Amoora  of Meliaceae, prepferably, Amoora rohituka (Roxb.) Wight & Arn.
(as this species is often planted in gardens for their fragrant spikes and beautifull arillate fruits )

Wishes,
Gurumurthi Hegde

Aarti S. Khale

Feb 14, 2013, 9:51:30 AM2/14/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Gurumurthi Hegde, Neil Soares
Gurumurthi ji,
Thanks for a possible id.
Amoora rohituka leaves are much different and larger.
I have photographed it at Jijamata Udyan in Mumbai.
These leaves were similar to Neem, but with slight variation.
Could be from Meliaceae.
Neil ji, kindly id.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Feb 20, 2013, 4:18:04 AM2/20/13
to efloraofindia, aarti...@gmail.com, dvija...@gmail.com, drsanth...@gmail.com, clmur...@yahoo.com, gurooj...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

--

---

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2045 members & 1,45,000 messages on 31/1/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8000 species).
P1180339.JPG
P1180340.JPG
P1180341.JPG
P1180342.JPG
P1180343.JPG
P1180344.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 31, 2021, 3:14:50 AM3/31/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 31, 2021, 3:15:47 AM3/31/21
to indiantreepix, Aarti S. Khale
Mar 31, 2021, 11:18:39 PM3/31/21
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for forwarding my earlier post from Oman.
Could this be Soymida febrifuga as well?
Identified by Paradesi Ji in another post?
Regards,
Aarti

Chennuru Nagendra

Apr 1, 2021, 1:49:00 AM4/1/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Check with Lannea grandis

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 04/01/21, 11:18:34 AM

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 1, 2021, 10:34:38 AM4/1/21
to efloraofindia, Chennuru Nagendra, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks Nagendra Ji.
Hope to get it validated.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAOwrfLPD4BvHzHV5xTq_ZHg3JXpefsQN1kzQxMj%2BQ7x01Gqs2A%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2021, 3:08:49 AM4/5/21
to efloraofindia, Chennuru Nagendra, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale
Yes, possible as per images at Lannea coromandelica

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 5, 2021, 10:54:05 AM4/5/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Chennuru Nagendra, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti