Santali names of Cajanus cajan (L.) Huth

5 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Dinesh Valke

no llegida,
23 de des. 2021, 12:59:2123/12/21
a efloraofindia,Prasanta Hembram
Hello Prasanta ji,
I got the name ᱵᱟᱲᱮ bare for Cajanus cajan from your post.
I found one name raher in Santali-English dictionary by A. Campbell, of the Santal mission. Please help me with the name raher in the Ol Chiki script.
Thanks and regards.
Dinesh

Prasanta Hembram

no llegida,
24 de des. 2021, 1:51:1324/12/21
a Dinesh Valke,efloraofindia
Respected sir,

I'm very sorry for the very wrong information.  ᱵᱟᱲᱮ  means Banyan tree (https://sat.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E1%B1%B5%E1%B1%9F%E1%B1%B2%E1%B1%AE_%E1%B1%AB%E1%B1%9F%E1%B1%A8%E1%B1%AE).. The source has some errors. Instead after asking my family members and some native people they said correct word for  Cajanus cajan will be Ghangra (ᱜᱷᱟᱝᱜᱽᱨᱟ) and not bare.

In the book for Cajanus Indicus, it is written raher whose transcription shall be ᱨᱟᱦᱮᱨ

I will recheck my post and update you, till then I request you to inform me like this so that we can avoid errors in future.:-)

Thanks
--
Thanks
with best regards

Dinesh Valke

no llegida,
24 de des. 2021, 2:15:3124/12/21
a Prasanta Hembram,efloraofindia
Thank you very very much Prasanta ji for the correction. I will do the necessary edits.
Henceforth, I will mark a copy to you and all those whose help was in compiling names.
Thank you also for ᱨᱟᱦᱮᱨ raher.
Will incorporate the name soon.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

no llegida,
24 de des. 2021, 2:16:3724/12/21
a efloraofindia
And will also incorporate the name ᱜᱷᱟᱝᱜᱽᱨᱟ ghangra.
Regards.
Dinesh
Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor