Sorbus hupehensis in FOI

J.M. Garg

Jun 4, 2022, 9:10:06 AM6/4/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish
Hi, Tabish ji,
I have doubts about the id of images of Sorbus hupehensis in FOI, being correct as per POWO and Flora of China.
Also they do not show its distribution in India. Also not shown in BSI flora of India.
So pl. correct.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 4, 2022, 12:00:46 PM6/4/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tabish
This is Mycetia. Fruit looks matching with Mycetia acuminata (Wight) Kuntze but did not
find distribution for that  area. Mycetia mukerjiana Deb & Ratna Dutta, Mycetia stipulata (Hook.f.) Kuntze, Mycetia longifolia (Wall.) Kuntze
and Mycetia nepalensis H.Hara has got distribution for that area and may be close to Mycetia nepalensis H.Hara.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Tabish

Jun 4, 2022, 1:30:30 PM6/4/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
From the limited view of the plant in Prashant's images, this was the best match people could come up with. I agree that distribution in India is not shown anywhere, but then it is a bordering area. The general agreement with Sorbus hupehensis appears reasonable, if not good
however, I wouldn't bet on it very strongly.
  Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

J.M. Garg

Jun 22, 2022, 5:34:48 AM6/22/22
to Tabish, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2022, 8:13:08 AM6/28/22
to Tabish, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Tabish ji,
Pl. correct it to Mycetia longifolia, as per images and details herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Jul 2, 2022, 2:09:24 PM7/2/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you Garg ji!
  Done!