Cirsium falconeri from Manali

Gurcharan Singh

May 26, 2010, 5:49:02 AM5/26/10
to efloraofindia
Cirsium falconeri (Hook.f.) Perak from Manali Himachal Pradesh, photographed in October, 2009

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Circium-falconeri-Manali-1.jpg
Circium-falconeri-Manali-2.jpg

tanay bose

May 26, 2010, 7:52:53 AM5/26/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sorry it will be nice catch and not " Nice cat" Sorry for the error Sir Ji
TAnay

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nice cat Gurcharan ji, As far I knew root of this plant is taken as food and also has medicinal value but could not get hold a good link
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

tanay bose

May 26, 2010, 7:52:18 AM5/26/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice cat Gurcharan ji, As far I knew root of this plant is taken as food and also has medicinal value but could not get hold a good link
Tanay

chrischa...@btinternet.com

Dec 15, 2016, 5:50:48 PM12/15/16
to efloraofindia

I was prompted to check postings of Cirsium falconeri on eFI as I mentioned the species in images of the habitat of Inula royleana I have just posted.

Sorry, I have doubts about whether this is C.falconeri, which I shall be posting images of from Kashmir.  Shall come back to these images and comment further.  Must try to stick to concentrating on Inulas FIRST!   But attention should always be drawn to possible, probable or definite misidentifications, at the earliest opportunity.

J.M. Garg

Dec 15, 2016, 10:33:59 PM12/15/16
to chrischa...@btinternet.com, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh

Thanks a lot,  Chadwell ji.

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 9, 2021, 11:35:00 AM6/9/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Cirsium falconeri ?
This was identified in error, It is C. wallichii, flattened inner involucre bracts without spines or very small spiny tips, smaller heads are distinctive
Group discussion at
On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 9:03:59 AM UTC+5:30 JM Garg wrote:

Thanks a lot,  Chadwell ji.

On Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 10:49:02 AM UTC+1, Gurcharan Singh wrote:
Cirsium falconeri (Hook.f.) Perak from Manali Himachal Pradesh, photographed in October, 2009

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 9, 2021, 11:36:40 AM6/9/21
to indiantreepix
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Cirsium falconeri ?
This was identified in error, It is C. wallichii, flattened inner involucre bracts without spines or very small spiny tips, smaller heads are distinctive. Moreover C. falconeri grows above mostly 2800 m alt.