Lithophyte FOR ID :: Kemmangundi :: 13 NOV 2016 :: DVDEC46

Dinesh Valke

Dec 8, 2016, 11:32:05 PM12/8/16
to efloraofindia

... Z Point path, Kemmangundi
Kemmangundi Karnataka
Date: 13 NOV 2016 ... Altitude: ~ 1488 - 1513 m (4882 - 4962 ft) asl

ID please ... ... (family: ¿ Rubiaceae ?)
Dear friends,
Small herb growing on wet (water dripping) rock face. Tiny flower about 8 mm across, not certain.
Hopefully photos help in recognizing the plant.
... yet to know ID

... yet to know ID

... yet to know ID

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 8, 2016, 11:58:56 PM12/8/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Wonderful images, Dinesh ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2016, 3:24:54 AM12/22/16
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Dec 22, 2016, 5:30:30 AM12/22/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
It may be Neanotis tubulosa (G.Don) Mabb. (= Neanotis quadrilocularis (Thwaites) W.H.Lewis), reported in Hassan district flora.

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2016, 7:52:49 AM12/22/16
to Santhan P, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia

Thanks,  Santhan ji

Dinesh Valke

Dec 22, 2016, 8:07:05 AM12/22/16
to J.M. Garg, Santhan P, efloraofindia
Thanks very much Santhan ji for suggesting the possibility of Neanotis tubulosa (G.Don) Mabb.
I will label my photos with this tentative ID.
Hoping we get validating comment(s) here.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2017, 1:44:06 AM1/8/17
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Santhan P

Some earlier relevant feedback:

It may be Neanotis tubulosa (G.Don) Mabb. (= Neanotis quadrilocularis (Thwaites) W.H.Lewis), reported in Hassan district flora. - from Santhan ji

Thanks very much Santhan ji for suggesting the possibility of Neanotis tubulosa (G.Don) Mabb.

I will label my photos with this tentative ID.
Hoping we get validating comment(s) here.
Regards.
Dinesh

Does not match with images at threads under Neanotis tubulosa

Jan 13, 2021, 6:38:41 AM1/13/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Group discussion at