Cirsium verutum from Bhimtal, Uttarakhand-GS02012022-4

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 2, 2022, 10:55:35 AM1/2/22
to efloraofindia

Cirsium verutum Photographed from Bhimtal, Uttarakhand, 13-4-2012

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Cirsium-verutum-Bhimtal-IMG_0630.jpg
Cirsium-verutum-Bhimtal-P1150622.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 2, 2022, 10:56:35 AM1/2/22
to efloraofindia
More images

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Cirsium-verutum-Bhimtal-P1150681.jpg
Cirsium-verutum-Bhimtal-P1150623.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 2, 2022, 11:02:50 AM1/2/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
I think C. argyracanthum with such small heads as per keys from BSI flora of India at Cirsium falconeri from Kashmir-GS31122021-1

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 2, 2022, 11:20:53 AM1/2/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Also going by specimens of C. verutum (POWO)- one (C. involucratus of FBI) and two (C. involucratus of FBI), I feel your post look different and matches with specimens of C. argyracanthum (POWO)- onetwo.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 3, 2022, 12:22:35 AM1/3/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Really confusing Garg, it seems we hardly have real specimens of C. verutum in out database, even this upload by D S Rawat under C. verutum is similar to mine
Real C. verutum seems to be at Flowers of India.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jan 3, 2022, 1:54:18 AM1/3/22
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Tabish
I feel FOI images also look different and match with specimens of C. argyracanthum (POWO)- onetwo.

Going by C. verutum (POWO)- one (C. involucratus of FBI) and two (C. involucratus of FBI), the following may be the real C.verutum:
Cirsium sp?? — enroute Dhel at GHNP – PKA30
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg