Nilgiris: Lilliaceae for identification 180113MK01

Muthu Karthick

Jan 18, 2013, 5:35:51 AM1/18/13
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Please help me to identify this herb found in the high reaches of Nilgiris.

Flower: 1.5 cm across

Date: 20 Oct 2012
Place: Western Catchement, Nilgiris, TN
Alt.: 2345 m asl

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org
K 282.jpg
K 283.jpg
K 284.jpg
K 302.jpg

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Jan 18, 2013, 6:17:49 AM1/18/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
May be a sp. of Ophiopogon. Regards,

Nayan Singh

Jan 18, 2013, 7:04:41 AM1/18/13
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
Some Chlorophytum sp. may be Chlorophytum malabaricum
Wiht regards

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests (NPV)
Satpura Bhawan
Arera Hills
Madhya Pradesh
Mo - 09424790074

Mob: 0091 96268 33911
http://www.careearthtrust.org/

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2013, 4:12:18 AM1/24/13
to efloraofindia, Ajay Nalawade, akinc...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 May be a sp. of Ophiopogon. Regards, Shrikant

Some Chlorophytum sp. may be Chlorophytum malabaricum
Wiht regards
 Nayan.

Efi site link for this species: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/ar/asparagaceae/chlorophytum/chlorophytum-malabaricum

Dec 13, 2020, 5:32:19 AM12/13/20
to efloraofindia
Chlorophytum malabaricum looks correct ID !
Pinterest
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2020, 8:57:17 AM12/13/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Muthu Karthick

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 31, 2020, 4:18:54 AM12/31/20
to Avinash
Thanks a lot, Avinash ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Thu, 31 Dec, 2020, 2:41 pm Avinash, <avinas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for your mail sir,
It is Chlrophytum attenuatum Baker. Which was treated as C. indicum by many authors. But it's distinct than C. indicum in many aspect. So I have solved nomenclature problem and resuscitate the taxon as C. nilghariensis Adsul and S R Yadav in my thesis. Same  is under publication.

With regards

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020, 8:38 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Avinash ji,
Is it  Chlorophytum malabaricum ?

May 6, 2021, 2:56:11 AM5/6/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

May 6, 2021, 2:57:02 AM5/6/21
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
May 6, 2021, 4:01:45 AM5/6/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Muthu Karthick
I have suggested earlier !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju