Re: Small shrub from Pecharthal North Tripura

digpati roy

Sep 4, 2019, 12:22:36 PM9/4/19

Sep 4, 2019, 12:25:04 PM9/4/19

Sep 5, 2019, 6:31:27 AM9/5/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
agree with Nidhan
Regards
Ushadi

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 5, 2019, 1:27:11 PM9/5/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
No doubt about it but I could not close in to the proper ID !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2019, 11:19:37 PM9/7/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy
Thanks, Digpati ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 17, 2019, 12:51:49 AM9/17/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy

Pl. also check comparative images at Begonia

Sep 23, 2019, 5:45:44 AM9/23/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy

Sep 30, 2019, 6:10:41 AM9/30/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy
Sep 30, 2019, 6:48:42 AM9/30/19
to efloraofindia, digpati roy
Thanks, Mark ji.

From: digpati roy <dp...@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 at 21:52
To: Efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

I request you to identify

Thank you

Digpati Roy

--

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

This notice applies to this email and to any other email subsequently sent by anyone at RBGE and appearing in the same chain of email correspondence. References below to "this email" should be read accordingly. This e-mail and its attachments (if any) are confidential, may be protected by copyright and may be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify us immediately by reply e-mail, delete it and do not use, disclose or copy it. Unless we expressly say otherwise in this e-mail, this e-mail does not create, form part of, or vary, any contractual or unilateral obligation. No liability is accepted for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Where this e-mail is unrelated to the business of RBGE, the opinions expressed within this e-mail are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of RBGE. RBGE emails are filtered and monitored.

The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983)

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 1, 2019, 1:08:32 PM10/1/19
to J.M. Garg, Mark Hughes, efloraofindia, digpati roy
In my opinion it looks slight different from B. cathcartii Dr. Mark !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 8, 2019, 1:30:20 AM10/8/19
to digpati roy, Efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Digpati ji,
Details are not clear.
May I request you to pl. post original images.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 27, 2020, 3:50:27 AM12/27/20
to efloraofindia
Any chance of Begonia surculigera Kurz  ? I hoe Dr.Hughes could
guide us. POWO
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 27, 2020, 4:19:58 AM12/27/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, digpati roy

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 28, 2021, 9:13:17 AM6/28/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Begonia cathcartii ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 28, 2021, 9:14:14 AM6/28/21
to indiantreepix, dp...@yahoo.co.in
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Begonia cathcartii ?
Group discussion at

IMG-20190903-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20190903-WA0009.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 28, 2021, 10:17:58 AM6/28/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, digpati roy
It is not B. cathcartii.
Any opinion on my earlier suggestion : Any chance of Begonia surculigera Kurz  ? I hoe Dr.Hughes could
guide us. POWO ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 6, 2021, 7:33:43 AM7/6/21
to efloraofindia, digpati roy, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Mark ji.

I think this could be B. obversa, which so far is only known reliably from the type. Very interesting!

Jul 12, 2021, 11:48:57 AM7/12/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, digpati roy
You mean WCSP, POWO and CoL have not correctly listed it (B. obversa C. B. Clarke) as a syn. of Begonia picta Sm. and it should be a valid species ?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 16:03, Mark Hughes <MHu...@rbge.org.uk> wrote:

I think this could be B. obversa, which so far is only known reliably from the type. Very interesting!

Jul 12, 2021, 11:54:33 AM7/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, digpati roy

J.M. Garg

Jul 19, 2021, 11:38:53 AM7/19/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Mark ji