Cyperus For ID : Lonavala : 040613 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 4, 2013, 5:41:59 AM6/4/13
to efloraofindia
Cyperus seen growing wild on the mountain slopes in Lonavala on 16/9/2010.
Aarti
Cyperus-Lonavala-P1090865.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 8, 2013, 12:02:38 PM6/8/13
to efloraofindia, ANiIL kumar, tanvee...@gmail.com, Paramjit Channa, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Dr Preeti s, Manoj Chandran, Girish Jathar, Manish Kandwal, surajit koley, Rohit Patel, alk...@gmail.com

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2110 members & 1,56,000 messages on 31/5/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species).
Cyperus-Lonavala-P1090865.JPG

surajit koley

Jun 8, 2013, 12:25:45 PM6/8/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Sir,

This is quite impossible for me to guess.

Thank you,
Regards,
surajit

surajit koley

Jun 9, 2013, 1:28:24 AM6/9/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Good morning

I am sorry for my last night comment, but it is really very very tough for me, like finding a needle in a haystack.

Since i do not know technicalities my process is alternative finding. First i note what species can be found in my area, thereafter some gross character like habitat, height etc. Then i try finer detail.

Flora of British India describes some 61 Cyperus, add to this figure Pycreus& Juncellus. This makes it nearly impossible.

Since Aarti Ji's plant is from Maharashtra, first i need a "Bengal Plants" like book, thereafter other characters.

Thank you

Regards,
surajit

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 15, 2016, 12:20:42 AM12/15/16
to efloraofindia
A very old post.
Resurfacing for id.
Aarti

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 17, 2021, 8:45:58 AM8/17/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 17, 2021, 8:46:59 AM8/17/21
to indiantreepix, Aarti S. Khale
Aug 24, 2021, 9:01:11 AM8/24/21
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for forwarding my Cyperus Species from Lonavala.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 24, 2021, 9:03:57 AM8/24/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
Here it is..
Regards,
Aarti
P1090865.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2021, 9:46:25 AM8/24/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks, Aarti ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 1, 2021, 10:49:22 PM9/1/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, surajitkoley
Thanks a lot, Prasad ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 1, 2021, 11:44:37 PM9/1/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, surajitkoley
Thanks Prasad Ji and Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti