Requesting ID of this plant by the roadside - Oct 2013 :: 26MAR2014 :: ARK-24

Alka Khare

Mar 26, 2014, 5:54:19 AM3/26/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends

Requesting to please ID this plant captured by the roadside in Mumbai in October 2013. Unfortunately, this is the only pic I have. Is it enough to ID?

Thanks and Regards
Alka Khare

2-photo 1 (1).JPG

girish kumar ellezhuthil

Mar 27, 2014, 1:57:55 PM3/27/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:24:19 PM UTC+5:30, Alka Khare wrote:
Hello friends
Araliaceae member?

Alka Khare

Mar 30, 2014, 6:21:28 AM3/30/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank Girish ji for the feedback.... hoping to get a species level ID from the experts...

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Apr 6, 2014, 9:59:14 AM4/6/14
to efloraofindia, Alka Khare, girish kumar ellezhuthil

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Araliaceae member?- from Girish Kumar ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2300 members & 1,85,250 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014

2-photo 1 (1).JPG

ajinkya gadave

Apr 6, 2014, 11:17:29 AM4/6/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka Khare, girish kumar ellezhuthil
looks like Indian acalypha

Alka Khare

Apr 14, 2014, 1:03:11 AM4/14/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, Alka Khare, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Thank you Ajinkya ji for the possible ID....hopefully, the ID is validated.

Regards
Alka Khare

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 14, 2014, 5:12:00 AM4/14/14
to Alka Khare, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, girish kumar ellezhuthil
I am not yet sure about the identity.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 25, 2021, 4:23:57 AM4/25/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 25, 2021, 4:24:44 AM4/25/21
to indiantreepix, Alka Khare
May 1, 2021, 3:03:52 AM5/1/21
to efloraofindia, Alka Khare, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Did not find it close as per comparative images at Celosia

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 1, 2021, 11:21:01 AM5/1/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka Khare
No doubt in it, I damn sure in that Garg Ji, we need repost close-ups from posted author,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 05/01/21, 08:46:50 PM

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2021, 1:39:04 AM5/8/21
to Alka Khare, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Hi, Alka ji,
May I request you to pl. post a high resolution image.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Alka Khare

Aug 1, 2021, 12:32:36 PM8/1/21
to efloraofindia
Please find attached the hi-res image.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Alka Khare
IMG_2015.JPG

radha veach

Aug 1, 2021, 10:33:40 PM8/1/21
to efloraofindia
Celosia for me too!
regards
Radha

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 1, 2021, 10:52:59 PM8/1/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Celosia argentea only,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 08/02/21, 08:22:05 AM

Alka Khare

Aug 6, 2021, 5:46:26 AM8/6/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Paradesi ji and Radha ji for the ID.

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2021, 2:55:29 AM8/15/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, radha veach, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, ajinkya gadave, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Hi, Paradesi ji,
May I request you tol pl. post some links showing such leaves in Celosia argentea.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 15, 2021, 3:45:22 AM8/15/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, ajinkya gadave, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Many times I have observed in my fields it self Garg Ji, haven't taken photos, will soon send if it possible,
I have found in google relevant pics in the below link, once see there
https://www.facebook.com/VrindavanFarm/posts/the-many-faces-of-celosia-argentea-aka-kurdu-wild-edible-and-a-fantastic-example/4478671445524165/

With regards.

image.gif
Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/15/21, 12:54:36 PM

J.M. Garg

Sep 14, 2021, 2:33:33 AM9/14/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, ajinkya gadave, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Looks somewhat close to images at Iresine herbstii

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 20, 2021, 11:43:19 PM9/20/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, Tapas Chakrabarty, Alka, ajinkya gadave, girish kumar ellezhuthil
Sorry Garg Ji, it's not Iresine,
If possible revisit the plant Alka ma'am,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by Mailtrack
09/21/21, 09:10:39 AM

Alka Khare

Sep 23, 2021, 3:35:28 AM9/23/21
to efloraofindia
Paradesi ji

This pic is too old, it will not be possible for me to revisit this.
Also, it was a roadside plant, so most probably may not find it there as well.
Let us keep it as unidentified.

Regards
Alka Khare