Fabaceae-Mimosoideae (Mimosaceae) Week :: Acacia nilotica subsp. tomentosa at Thane and Alibag

Dinesh Valke

Jan 4, 2012, 1:16:41 PM1/4/12
to efloraofindia
Acacia nilotica (L.) Delile subsp. tomentosa (Benth.) Brenan

  • a-KAY-see-uh or uh-KAY-shuh -- from the Greek akis, meaning point, barb, thorny, spiny
    ny-LOH-tee-kuh -- of or from the valley of the Nile River
    toh-men-TOH-suh -- covered with fine, matted hairs

Acacia nilotica ssp. tomentosa
Dec 25, 2007 ... at Vaghbil, Thane, Maharashtra

commonly known as (assuming all names of A. nilotica): black piquant, black babul, gum arabic, Egyptian mimosa, Egyptian thorn, prickly acacia, Nile acacia, scented thorn, scented-pod acacia, tomentose babool • Bengali: বাবলা babala • Gujarati: બાવળ baval, બાવળિયો bavaliyo • Hindi: बबूल babool, कीकर kikar • Kannada: ಗೊಬ್ಳಿ ಮರ gobli mara, ಕರಿಜಾಲಿ karijaali • Konkani: बाबुळ babul • Malayalam: കരിവേലം karivelam • Marathi: बाभूळ babhul, बाभळी babhali, बाभळ babhal, देवबाभळ devababhal, पुळाटी pulati, रामबाभळ ramababhal, रामकांटी ramakanti • Rajasthan: banvalia • Sanskrit: बब्बु babbul, बब्बूलः babbulaha, पङ्क्तिः panktiha, सोमवृक्ष somavriksha, तीक्ष्ण कण्टक tikshna kantaka, वर्वू varvu, वर्वुरः varvrurha, युग्मकण्ट yugmakanta • Tamil: கறுவேளை karuvelai • Telugu: నల్లతుమ్మ nalla tumma

Native to: tropical Africa, India

more views:
  • Jun 9, 2007 ... at Vaghbil, Thane, Maharashtra
    Tomentose Nile Acacia
  • Dec 25, 2007 ... at Vaghbil, Thane, Maharashtra
    Gobli Mara (Kannada: ಗೊಬ್ಳಿ ಮರ) Kikar (Hindi: कीकर) Baval (Gujarati: બાવળ) Varvrurha (Sanskrit: वर्वुरः) Rambabhal (Marathi: रामबाभळ)
  • Jan 25, 2009 ... at Zirad near Alibag, Maharashtra
    Devababhal (Marathi: देवबाभळ)

Regards.
Dinesh
3297806234_5b8c43a6c4.jpg
537119972_6bedd017fa.jpg
2134683063_ef8752f69b.jpg
2134690045_7819799f5a.jpg
2135461146_6428e8fd1a.jpg
2135464178_f2fb8eb88e.jpg
2135465886_212d69980e.jpg
2135467672_8eee62ee76.jpg

Balkar Singh

Jan 4, 2012, 9:22:05 PM1/4/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Complete Set depicting all features!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Dinesh Ji for sharing
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 4, 2012, 11:16:58 PM1/4/12
to Balkar Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Really great series of photographs
Thanks for sharing Dinesh ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant Awale

Jan 5, 2012, 2:56:37 AM1/5/12
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Once again good show Dinesh. Nice to see the full coverage of the plant in one post.
Regards
Prashant

Ushadi micromini

Jan 5, 2012, 10:19:54 AM1/5/12
to efloraofindia
love it
usha di
===============

On Jan 5, 12:56 pm, Prashant Awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Once again good show Dinesh. Nice to see the full coverage of the plant in
> one post.
> Regards
> Prashant
>

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Really great series of photographs
> > Thanks for sharing Dinesh ji
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Balkar Singh <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Complete Set depicting all features!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Dinesh Ji for
> >> sharing

J.M. Garg

Oct 2, 2013, 7:33:49 AM10/2/13
to efloraofindia, Nayan Singh, Satish Chile, Dinesh Valke, Neha Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Dr Umeshkumar Tiwari, Prasad Dash
As per the following links, subspecies tomentosa does not exist in India. Is it true ?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2021, 8:23:16 AM (17 hours ago) Sep 26
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2021, 8:25:01 AM (17 hours ago) Sep 26
to indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke