Suaeda for id 220310MK1

Muthu Karthick

Mar 22, 2010, 4:12:28 AM3/22/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
kindly help to id this species found on Estuarine areas.
Is this Suaeda vermiculata?

Date/Time-

07-06-2009 / 11:00 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Ennore; near Chennai

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

sandy beach, estuarine

Plant Habit-

succulent herb

Height/Length-

Up to 1metre

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Leaves linear-elliptic; up to 2cm long, succulent

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Terminal Raceme; 20-30cm long

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

green; ca. 0.5cm across

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Size of flowers, globose;

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org
Suaeda.jpg
Suaeda (1).jpg
Suaeda (2).jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 22, 2010, 6:06:25 AM3/22/10
to efloraofindia
This should be Suaeda maritima unless there is another sp in TN.
Regards, Shrikant

On Mar 22, 1:12 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> kindly help to id this species found on Estuarine areas.

> Is this *Suaeda vermiculata*?
>
>  *Date/Time-*

> 07-06-2009 / 11:00 AM
>

> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-*
>
> Ennore; near Chennai
>
> *Habitat-** Garden**/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> sandy beach, estuarine
>
> *Plant Habit- *
>
> succulent herb
>
> *Height/Length-*
>
> Up to 1metre
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*

> Leaves linear-elliptic; up to 2cm long, succulent
>

> *Inflorescence Type/ Size-*
>
> Terminal Raceme; 20-30cm long
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> green; ca. 0.5cm across
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *
>
> Size of flowers, globose;
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *

>  --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Junior Research Fellow
> Care Earth Trust
> Chennai - 61www.careearthtrust.org
>

>  Suaeda.jpg
> 375KViewDownload
>
>  Suaeda (1).jpg
> 365KViewDownload
>
>  Suaeda (2).jpg
> 84KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Mar 22, 2010, 6:19:28 AM3/22/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thank you sir,
TN has three species viz., S. vermiculata; S. monoica; S. maritima.

S. vermiculata is a synonymn for S. nudiflora.

tanay bose

Mar 22, 2010, 11:01:23 AM3/22/10
to Muthu Karthick, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Dear All,
I hope this plant is Suaeda nudiflora (Willd.)Moq. from family Chenopodiaceae.
Regards
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 7, 2010, 12:50:25 PM4/7/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, TANAY BOSE, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback:

Shrikant ji.....................This should be Suaeda maritima unless there is another sp in TN.

Tanay..........................I hope this plant is Suaeda nudiflora (Willd.)Moq. from family Chenopodiaceae.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Suaeda.jpg
Suaeda (1).jpg
Suaeda (2).jpg

Muthu Karthick

Apr 7, 2010, 1:01:57 PM4/7/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear all,
I would be happier if any one could give a key for this Suaeda spp. Specially for classifying S. vermiculata; S. monoica; S. maritima
Thank you.

Gurcharan Singh

to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick

Resurfacing again for ID. Earlier feedback:

Shrikant ji.....................This should be Suaeda maritima unless there is another sp in TN.

Tanay..........................I hope this plant is Suaeda nudiflora (Willd.)Moq. from family Chenopodiaceae.

Mthu ji........................TN has three species viz., S. vermiculata; S. monoica; S. maritima. S. vermiculata is a synonymn for S. nudiflora.... I would be happier if any one could give a key for this Suaeda spp. Specially for classifying S. vermiculata; S. monoica; S. maritima

May 25, 2010, 12:32:23 AM5/25/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, yatin patel
A reply:
"this plant may be Suaeda nudiflora (Willd.) Moq. from Chenopodiaceae family
--
yatin patel ,
Research Biologist

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 9, 2010, 11:09:04 PM6/9/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman

Resurfacing againfor ID

Earlier feedback

Yatin ji..............................Sueda nudiflora

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Mar 24, 2021, 1:02:52 AM3/24/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 24, 2021, 1:03:44 AM3/24/21
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Apr 2, 2021, 5:27:55 AM4/2/21
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Appears to be Suaeda maritima, as per images herein

With regards,
J.M.Garg