Herb for ID

msawm...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2014, 10:25:05 AM3/23/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Date : 07-05-2011. Habitat : Wild. Habit : Herb. Location : Thorangtlang, Mizoram (M.Sawmliana)
DSCN3311.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2014, 1:53:15 AM3/30/14
to efloraofindia, msawm...@gmail.com

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2265 members & 1,82,700 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014

DSCN3311.JPG

msawm...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2014, 5:42:57 AM3/30/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
It is Habenaria dentata

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2014, 7:58:56 AM3/30/14
to msawm...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
Hi, Swamliana ji,
It can't be Habenaria dentata. Pl. check your other post on Habenaria dentata.

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2014, 8:42:55 AM3/30/14
to efloraofindia

Apr 6, 2014, 10:13:17 AM4/6/14
to efloraofindia, msawm...@gmail.com

my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2300 members & 1,85,250 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014

DSCN3311.JPG

Pravir Deshmukh

Apr 7, 2014, 1:29:49 AM4/7/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, msawm...@gmail.com
Dear Sir,

Its a species of Chirita might be Chirita arunachalensis.

Thanks and Regards
Pravir

J.M. Garg

Apr 11, 2014, 1:04:05 AM4/11/14
to efloraofindia, msawm...@gmail.com
A reply:
"Is it any of the Chiritia (Gesneriaceae)???
Regards,
K. Haridasan"

Thanks, Dr. Haridasan.
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2300 members & 1,85,250 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 11, 2014, 6:25:21 AM4/11/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

From: <msawm...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

Date : 07-05-2011. Habitat : Wild. Habit : Herb. Location : Thorangtlang, Mizoram (M.Sawmliana)

J.M. Garg

Apr 11, 2014, 9:55:27 PM4/11/14
to efloraofindia, m sawmliana
Dear sirs, again attaching herewith another photo of same Chirita for easy confirmation. (M.Sawmliana)

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2300 members & 1,85,250 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Chirita sp..JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 12, 2014, 2:55:08 PM4/12/14
to itp...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, "Sudeshna Datta", efloraofindia
Sudeshna Datta  our student tells me that the characters of the leaves are necessary to identify it at the specific level.

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Sawmliana ji.
It will be nice if you post adequate pictures in the beginning itself so that time of the experts is saved & feedbacks from the experts are better. Some times it happens that there is no feedback due to inadequate pictures. More you can see at Posting Guidelines.

On 12 April 2014 06:10, m sawmliana <msawm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear sirs, again attaching herewith another photo of same Chirita for easy confirmation. (M.Sawmliana)

Gopal Krishna

May 6, 2017, 4:54:12 AM5/6/17
to efloraofindia
This seems very close to Henckelia adenocalyx (Chatterjee) D.J.Middleton & Mich.Möller

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2017, 7:03:10 AM5/8/17
to Gopal Krishna, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Gopal Krishan ji

Gopal Krishna

May 10, 2017, 3:38:01 PM5/10/17
to efloraofindia, gopal...@rediffmail.com, msawm...@gmail.com
Apology for my earlier response, in-fact this is not Henckelia adenocalyx (Chatterjee) D.J.Middleton & Mich.Möller [bracts; calyx; flowers, all are densely hairy to hairy and having glands as well]. This image is Henckelia grandifolia A.Dietr. syn. Chirita macrophylla Wall. where flowers are usually white with yellow inside or cream white with yellowish inside.

On Monday, 8 May 2017 16:33:10 UTC+5:30, JM Garg wrote:
Thanks, Gopal Krishan ji

Date : 07-05-2011. Habitat : Wild. Habit : Herb. Location : Thorangtlang, Mizoram (M.Sawmliana)

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2017, 12:34:38 AM5/11/17
to Gopal Krishna, M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
Thanks, Gopal Krishna ji.

J.M. Garg

May 18, 2017, 3:53:22 AM5/18/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Gopal Krishna ji, for Id.
But these look different from Images at Henckelia grandifolia

[...]

JM Garg

Oct 4, 2020, 1:35:32 AM10/4/20
to efloraofindia
1. These two images by Sawmalima J from Mizoram are not H.grandifolia:

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 5, 2021, 7:49:17 AM10/5/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID