Plant for ID: Chikmagalur: 10/4/2021

Nancy Seby

Apr 25, 2021, 8:05:05 AM4/25/21
to efloraofindia
Hi all,

Please help ID this plant. It was photographed inside a resort in Chikmagalur. Some of them looked like they were planted, and some looked wild, growing near rock crevices.

They were all between 2ft to 4ft in height, so I am not sure if they could become trees. And they had no flowers are fruits.

Location: Chikmagalur
Date photographed: 10/4/2021

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards
Nancy Seby
Plant for ID5.jpg
Plant for ID1.jpg
Plant for ID2.jpg
Plant for ID3.jpg
Plant for ID4.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 26, 2021, 12:13:15 AM4/26/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Albizia odoratissima,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 04/26/21, 09:42:29 AM

Nancy Seby

Apr 27, 2021, 1:07:28 AM4/27/21
to efloraofindia
Thank you very much for the ID. Checking online, I find that it has white flowers. Since this plant did not have any flowers, why are the other identifying features the help determine the plant? I'm asking this since there are so many plants with similar leaves, and I found it very confusing to distinguish between them.

Warm regards
Nancy Seby

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 28, 2021, 3:20:41 PM4/28/21
to efloraofindia
You're Welcome ma'am,
 Pinnae arrangement, leaflet number and shape will help in ID,
With regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 11, 2021, 11:22:46 AM9/11/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Albizia odoratissima ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 11, 2021, 11:23:53 AM9/11/21
to indiantreepix, nanz...@gmail.com
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Albizia odoratissima ?
Group discussion at

Plant for ID5.jpg
Plant for ID1.jpg
Plant for ID2.jpg
Plant for ID3.jpg
Plant for ID4.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 11, 2021, 11:49:59 AM9/11/21
to efloraofindia, nanz...@gmail.com
Yes it is,
Resembles Gurucharan JI, but we need complete information for  species conformation,

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
09/11/21, 09:19:11 PM