328 ID wild plant Commelina

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 20, 2022, 2:30:15 PM6/20/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 16.06.2022, 03.25pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, rocky misty hill, wind

Plant habit: erect young shoots, weak fleshy stem 01cm base diameter, annual

Height: 01 meter

Leaves: alternate, lengthy, apex, fleshy soft flexible, size upto:20×02cm

Flower: racemose, 3 petals, clustered, diameter:03.5cm, lite violet, non fragrant

Fruit: capsule green into brown

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
328 Identify wild plant
20220616152706_IMG_8018.JPG
20220616152714_IMG_8021.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 20, 2022, 2:31:42 PM6/20/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220616152750_IMG_8024.JPG
20220616152854_IMG_8037.JPG
20220616152817_IMG_8031.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 20, 2022, 2:32:50 PM6/20/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220616153027_IMG_8041.JPG
20220616153124_IMG_8046.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 20, 2022, 2:34:28 PM6/20/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220616153033_IMG_8042.JPG
20220616152949_IMG_8040.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 20, 2022, 2:35:39 PM6/20/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220616153052_IMG_8043.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 20, 2022, 2:36:52 PM6/20/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220616153107_IMG_8045.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jun 21, 2022, 1:16:12 AM6/21/22
to indiantreepix
Beautiful images, I hope it is Murdania...which one Mayur Ji?

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 21, 2022, 2:23:52 AM6/21/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Please check Murdannia gigantea (Vahl) G.Brückn. !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 21, 2022, 6:46:32 AM6/21/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for ID my plant.  I observed the hairy stigma centered is clearly in all my flowers, but not at eFI, check collage (my flower at top) and please clarify, with kind regards, Sam.
20220621_124154.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 21, 2022, 7:13:51 AM6/21/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Please see if these match.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 16.54.30.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 16.55.08.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 16.58.08.png

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 21, 2022, 7:21:15 AM6/21/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, they are matching, beautiful images, thank you very much for sharing, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 21, 2022, 7:43:21 AM6/21/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 22, 2022, 9:44:19 AM6/22/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh
Dear Nidhan ji, Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for ID my plant and great appreciation, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2022, 12:05:42 PM6/28/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Sam ji, for 12 high res. images at link.
Yes, appears close to images at Murdannia gigantea (Vahl) G.Brückn.

20220616152854_IMG_8037.JPG
20220616153052_IMG_8043.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2022, 7:48:38 PM7/4/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks a lot, Manudev ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

From: Sam Kuzhalanattu <samkuzh...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 at 00:04
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Dr. Manudev K.M.
Assistant Professor,
Centre for Postgraduate Studies & Research Department of Botany,
St. Joseph's College (Autonomous), Devagiri,
Medical College P.O., Kozhikode District, Kerala- 673 008

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 4, 2022, 11:40:35 PM7/4/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, manudevk...@gmail.com
Thank you dear Manudev ji, for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.