A plant for i.d.

sibdas ghosh

Jun 10, 2009, 1:00:30 PM6/10/09
to indiantreepix
Photo Taken near Bomdila in Arunachal Pradesh
100_1178.JPG

Tabish

Jun 11, 2009, 9:16:48 AM6/11/09
to indiantreepix
Should be a Cirsium species.
- Tabish

On Jun 10, 10:00 pm, sibdas ghosh <sibdasgh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Photo Taken near Bomdila in Arunachal Pradesh
>
>  100_1178.JPG
> 72KViewDownload

sibdas

Jun 11, 2009, 12:58:04 PM6/11/09
to indiantreepix
Thanks! It is a Cirsium or Thistle. Can it be a C. canum?
> > 72KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

JM Garg

Jul 26, 2013, 12:09:02 PM7/26/13
to efloraofindia, Tabish

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Should be a Cirsium species.
- Tabish

Thanks! It is a Cirsium or Thistle. Can it be a C. canum?

100_1178.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 26, 2013, 12:11:02 PM7/26/13
to efloraofindia, Sibdas Ghosh, Tabish Qureshi, Ritesh Choudhary, manas bhaumik, Pravir Deshmukh, A P DAS, anupam sarmah, Pijush Dutta, POTSANGBAM KUMARSINGH, chch...@gmail.com, Bidyut Nath, Nick Macer

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Should be a Cirsium species.
- Tabish

Thanks! It is a Cirsium or Thistle. Can it be a C. canum?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2135 members & 1,59,000 messages on 30/6/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species).
100_1178.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 10, 2021, 8:34:10 AM6/10/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
I think C. wallichii, inner involucre bracts with dilated tips, without spines, is distinctive and found in only species. It is found in adjoining Sikkim and Nepal
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Sibdas Ghosh

Jun 10, 2021, 9:53:46 AM6/10/21
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot. Noted

JM Garg

Dec 14, 2021, 6:31:57 AM12/14/21
to sibdas, efloraofindia
  I think looks different from Cirsium wallichii DC. as per images and details herein.

Dec 14, 2021, 11:46:20 AM12/14/21
to JM Garg, efloraofindia
Ok, thanks.

Is it C. undulatum ?

J.M. Garg

Dec 20, 2021, 5:02:14 AM12/20/21
to Sibdas Ghosh, efloraofindia
Not distributed in India as per POWO.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Feb 24, 2023, 2:20:05 AM2/24/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, Sibdas Ghosh
Cirsium argyracanthum Wall. ex DC. ??
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 27, 2023, 1:33:11 AM2/27/23
to Saroj Kumar Kasaju, efloraindia, Sibdas Ghosh
Yes, some possibilty as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2013/07/02/cirsium-argyracanthum/
But I am not sure.
--