Cirsium falconeri in FOI

J.M. Garg

Jan 7, 2022, 5:25:57 AM1/7/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Thingnam Girija
Hi, Tabish ji,
Images of Cirsium falconeri in FOI look different from images, details and references at Cirsium falconeri
It is something different.
Pl. correct.
Pl. post high resolution images for checking the details and proper id.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 8, 2022, 1:42:26 AM1/8/22
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2022, 10:56:57 AM1/11/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish, GurcharanSingh

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 14, 2022, 10:42:21 AM1/14/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Thingnam Girija, GurcharanSingh
Hi, Tabish ji,
Pl. correct.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Jan 17, 2022, 10:53:24 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
  Thanks for the recheck. I think this should be Cirsium falconeri because the flower-heads of Cirsium falconeri, with spiny involucre bracts, are quite distinctive. According to FOH, Polunin & Stainton, this is a variable plant. I am attaching the high resolution images here. These are from Narkanda, Himachal Pradesh.
   Best wishes
   Tabish

On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 3:55:57 PM UTC+5:30 JM Garg wrote:
k2-204.jpg
k2-210.jpg
k2-216.jpg
k2-218.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2022, 11:27:01 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Thingnam Girija, Tabish
Thanks, Tabish ji, for the high res. images.
These are of Cirsium wallichii DC. (a highly variable species) as per keys, details and images herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Jan 17, 2022, 11:50:33 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia
Thank you Garg ji! I had no idea that Cirsium wallichii is so variable. I think you are right. The images are of Cirsium wallichii.
   Cheers!
   Tabish