Limma node

Haru Yoshikawa

Apr 14, 2022, 8:52:31 AM4/14/22
to IMP PD Nodes
Dear Gerhard,

Thank you very much for sending me the workflows containing the limma node.

I have some questions below. It would be great if you can give me your suggestion.

1. I tried the workflows you have sent me but some warning messages were shown when the consensus workflow was running and processing was somehow not done correctly. I have attached the log of my searches containing both processing and consensus workflows- could you please see warning messages highlighted on the last page of the consensus workflow? Also it would be great if you can find something that I should correct about parameters.

2. If I want to use both MS Amanda 2.0 and Sequest HT, would a workflow shown at the attached picture be okay?

3. Minimum MS Amanda score at the IMP-apQuant node: how much do you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Best wishes,
Haru

20220331_limma_processingWF_details.docx
20220331_limma_consensusWF_details.docx
sample.png

Gerhard Dürnberger

Apr 22, 2022, 2:53:04 AM4/22/22
to IMP PD Nodes
Dear Haru,
ad 1: for some reason the installation of the required R packages XML and limma does not work. This occurs sometimes and I could not find a solution yet. Can you please opne an R window and run the code linked below. Then the packages are installed and limma should work properly next time.
ad 2: Unfortunately workflows with multiple search engines are not supported by apQuant yet. But this is something we defnitely we want to support in the future. I will let you know when it is supported.
ad 3: internally we use a minimum amanda score of 150 for OT/OT data which is quite conservative. For IT MS2 spectra you can go down to 70. Both will result in a more stringent FDR as this is an additional filtering step.
Kind regards, Gerhard

installPackages4limma.R

Haru Yoshikawa

Oct 12, 2022, 4:10:44 AM10/12/22
to IMP PD Nodes
Dear Gerhard,

I have another question regarding the workflows for limma that you have kindly sent me (please see the attached pics).
I remember you mentioned that 'workflows with multiple search engines are not supported by apQuant yet'. So my question is: could I use Sequest HT instead of MS Amanda 2.0 in this processing workflow? If so, which node/ setting should I change? If you can send me some representative processing/ consensus workflows for this analysis, that would be helpful.
Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Best wishes,
Haru

2022年4月22日金曜日 15:53:04 UTC+9 gerhard.due...@gmail.com:
Processing_lost_conn (1).PNG
Consensus.PNG

Gerhard Dürnberger

Oct 24, 2022, 6:56:49 AM10/24/22
to IMP PD Nodes
Dear Haru,
yes, exchanging the search node is possible. You only have to adapt two parameters in apQuant to allow searches with Sequest HT, see screenshot below.
Kind regards, Gerhard
Capture.PNG