[ima-sdk] [HTML5] Omid verification circular structure to JSON

Cristian Paredes

Aug 8, 2022, 5:55:11 PM8/8/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

I've been recently trying to implement OMSDK to web videos through the IMA SDK, I've been using the sample tag provided here, but when I set the vendor as OTHER and the access mode as FULL I get the following error: "Maximum call stack size exceeded". When debugging this error I found that it is happening because the verification script returned in the sample tag tries to serialize an object that references itself, resulting in a circular dependency which eventually leads to the call stack overflow error.

I tried using the verification script provided by the IAB Tech Lab (last 10 available versions) in our own SDK (mocking the response from our servers) but I keep getting a similar error: "Converting circular structure to JSON".

I was able to replicate the error with the basic IMA SDK example, I've attached it to this post.

Anyone has any idea why is this happening? I was able to find a similar post from early this year (here), but no useful solution is provided.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Best regards,
Cristian P.
test-omsdk.html

IMA SDK

Aug 9, 2022, 2:38:09 AM8/9/22
to cristian...@medialab.la, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Cristian,

I'm Michael from IMA SDK Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Would you be able to share to us the steps to reproduce the same behavior? Kindly indicate things to consider when trying to replicate the issue. A screen recording of the procedure and the behavior should greatly help in better illustration of the issue.

Additionally, for the sample app, it appears that what is attached is only the html file and not the whole sample app. Are you referring to our basic sample app here? If not, please provide the whole sample app that can replicate the issue.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dIiNQ:ref

Cristian Paredes

Aug 9, 2022, 9:31:48 AM8/9/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Michael, thank you for your quick reply.

The HTML file is the sample app described here and contains all the necessary code to reproduce the error, just follow these steps:

1. Download the html file
2. Run a local server on your machine in order to run the html file locally (you can either use node by installing http-server, python or run it through visual studio code with the live-server extension)
3. Open the html file in your local server, this should show you one video player and a "play" button in your browser.
4. Open the "console" tab in your browser.
5. Click the "play" button in your browser.
6. You'll see the: "RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded" error in your console
7. Go to the network tab and filter requests by "gen_204".
8. You'll see that all events are being tracked, the error was triggered on the event "sessionStart", this event is missing in the network tab because of the error.

I've attached to this message a screen recording reproducing the error.

Best regards,
Cristian P.
omsdk error steps.mp4

IMA SDK

Aug 10, 2022, 2:50:02 AM8/10/22
to cristian...@medialab.la, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Cristian,

Thank you for responding back to us.

I have followed the steps you provided and the screen recording you have shared. However, I was still unable to replicate the error on my end. Before I raised this issue to the rest of our team, would you be able to confirm if there are any other additional steps I might be missing or things to consider so I can see the same behavior as you?

Regards,

Cristian Paredes

Aug 10, 2022, 10:19:34 AM8/10/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Michael,

No additional steps are required, only thing I can think of is I'm using Chrome (v103.0.5060.114) and I'm in Colombia. Could you please confirm if you're seeing the sessionStart event? In the video I'm showing how to check for events in the network tab. If you are seeing the sessionStart event, could you please confirm what access mode you're seeing? This is visible in the payload of the sessionStart request (I'm attaching an image on how it looks when the accessMode is limited since the error is only happening when the access mode is full)

Best regards,
Cristian P.

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 9.17.40 AM.png

Cristian Paredes

Aug 10, 2022, 10:54:20 AM8/10/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Michael,

I mistakenly uploaded the wrong HTML file, the one you have doesn't contain the right adTagUrl, so it returns a VAST without the AdVerification tag, therefore no events are being triggered.

Or just use the new HTML file I'm attaching to this message.

Best regards,
Cristian P
test-omsdk.html

IMA SDK

Aug 11, 2022, 2:06:21 AM8/11/22
to cristian...@medialab.la, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Cristian,

Thank you for responding back to us. I was now able to replicate the same behavior on my end and have raised the issue to our wider team for further insights. We will get back to you on this thread the soonest we received more information.

Regards,

Cristian Paredes

Aug 16, 2022, 5:17:40 PM8/16/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your help with this, please let me know when there's any news about it.

Best regards,
Cristian P.

IMA SDK

Aug 17, 2022, 2:17:12 AM8/17/22
to cristian...@medialab.la, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Cristian,

Our team have reproduced the issue and is working on the expected behavior for this sort of set up. However, we cannot share any more information more than that as of this time as it needs further investigation. Rest assured that once we have more information we will notify you on this thread.

Regards,

Gulab Chandra

Aug 17, 2022, 7:26:38 AM8/17/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
not verification

बुधवार, 17 अगस्त 2022 को 11:47:12 am UTC+5:30 बजे imasdk ने लिखा:

Gulab Chandra

Aug 17, 2022, 7:27:43 AM8/17/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
HTML(5) (6) not found

बुधवार, 17 अगस्त 2022 को 4:56:38 pm UTC+5:30 बजे Gulab Chandra ने लिखा:

IMA SDK

Aug 18, 2022, 3:07:39 AM8/18/22
to rubija...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Gulab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It appears that you are posting on an existing thread without full context of your concern. Are you having any issues with the SDK? If the issue is not related on the topic on this thread, we would recommend opening up new thread for your concern for better tracking of the issue.

Regards,

IMA SDK

Oct 7, 2022, 6:04:46 AM10/7/22
to rubija...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

Hope you are doing well. I just want to get back here to let you know that a fixed has been released for this issue. Let us know should you still encounter the same.